jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Just hit 500 - or did I?

1. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

No, not hubs, not followers and not monthly income from HP.  Something quite a bit easier: total feedbacks (useful, funny, those things).

I do notice that the front screen counts (what is seen on your profile if you have that enabled) lags behind the real counts as displayed by clicking on "my account" and then "feedback".  As I write this, the profile page shows 498 if you add up the individual items, but Feedback shows 500. 

But..  It seems to me that it has been 2 off for some time, so I am not sure that it is lag - there may be something broken there. Has anyone else noticed a discrepancy?  I know it can be hard to be sure when the counts keep going up, but I *think* this has been two shy for some time now.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Congratulations! I'm on 435.

And I just checked - there's no discrepancy on mine.

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Now it is six off. My profile tally adds up to 500, but the Feedback screen shows 506.

3. CASE1WORKER profile image78
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

well done to both of you.

wryLilt- thought you were on a break ( well from hubbing)

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Was. Just came back. smile

4. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

Congrats to both. Well done, you have achieved that in short period of time.

5. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

As far as congratulations go:

I would point out that 500 of these is less than three per hub on average for me  - that's why i noted that it isn't much of an achievement in my first post. Show me somebody averaging 10 or more per hub and I am impressed.

No, what I was getting at is the dynamic parts of the site vs. the non-dynamic. Obviously some things get updated on a schedule rather than reading from a database, but it looks to me like there may be multiple copies and they may be out of sync.  I think I have observed the same thing with followers always being "off" - though again they change quickiy so it is hard to be sure.

The inner workings of large sites fascinate me. The difficulties of scaling to meet growth, the design decisions..

working