jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

To do Disney, or not to do Disney,,,,,,

1. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

That is the question! Here in Florida Disney has finally let you pay by the month for a Disney annual pass. Since I have an Orlando tourist web site I really should get one.

However once I do, I will feel obligated to spend a lot of time in the parks taking tons of pictures and videos, especially with the Holiday lights up soon.

I already don't have enough time for my sites, so that will take even more time. What to do, what to do,,,,

I know I know, if that is the only problem I have I should feel lucky. But I really don't know how I will get much done if I'm at the Disney parks all day taking pictures and videos. hmm

1. Anesidora profile image66
      Anesidoraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's a tax write-off.

What's the competition like? If you think you can rank, go for it. I find travel stuff does well.

I think personal hands-on updates would lend more credibility to your site and help keep it dynamic.

But yeah, all depends on what else you got going. There just isn't enough time in a day.

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh yeah, I forgot about the tax write-off thing, lol. I already write a lot of stuff about Disney in my tourist site. There are many, many things you can write about Disney and rank high.

All the rides, resorts, events and so on. I just normally don't go into the parks much. I have an annual pass to Universal Studios but that's much cheaper than the Disney one for all parks.

But yeah, fresh pictures and up to date videos score a lot I would think. Plus all my articles I can use my own pictures and not worry about copyright. Maybe I'll get the pass. smile

2. L a d y f a c e profile image81
    L a d y f a c eposted 6 years ago

Time management, my friend. Depending on the distance between your house and Disney, book 1 or 2 hours every day or every other day to go there and take pictures. Stick to your promise, and every visit, start at the location where you left off. This way you're not spending oodles of hours photographing fantasy at it's best, but you're still making time to do it, and often. I'm sure you would not be surprised at how many photos you can take in an hour or two.
    Hope this helps smile

Thanks. Yeah I'm not that great in managing my time but I guess I need to start. Disney is about a half hour away. Of course, then once in the parking lot it can take another half hour just to finally get into the park! hmm

1. L a d y f a c e profile image81
        L a d y f a c eposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wowza! Would it be possible to set aside one day a week for it? Or would that not be enough. You could take a *load of pictures in a whole day, probably enough to sustain you for the week. Are you able to sacrifice one day a week from everything else? It does sound like your plate is quite the tower.

Yeah it does sound like it would make more sense to spend the whole day there since it takes so damn long to get in and out of the parks.

There is just sooooo much in every park. I could take over 1,000 pictures in a day in one park, and about 20 videos per park!

Then at night on the Holidays the parks look totally different with all the lights. You could go around again and take the same shots at night and they would all look different.

But I must admit, I'd have lots of exclusive pictures. Of course, they would all get copied once they are on the web. mad

I suppose even once a month is better than nothing, right? I could take enough to last a long time each time. smile

3. vanchen profile image86
    vanchenposted 6 years ago

It's seem like an obvious choice to me, Bill.

Any excuse to spend time in Disney world is every kid-in-all-of-us dream.

working