jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

The Map Capsule.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image90
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I'd posted a question in the "answers" section, and someone answered me saying that I should describe what happened here.

I want to use the map capsule, and I've never used it before-but I've got some hubs about specific places, and so I'd like to incorporate the map capsule on some of those.

I was trying to use it, specifically, for a hub titled "The Happy Marriage," and in this hub I describe a scene at a restaurant/bar in Dallas, Texas.  I love the place-so I'm trying to give them some advertising, right?  right.

Okay, when I entered the address in the map capsule. . . . .my entire screen went black.  I had to refresh, and leave that page to get out of there.  I could only faintly see my hub when I got close to my monitor.

I'm using the newest google chrome, and XP professional.  Any advice would be appreciated-and even without it, I'm going to get around to trying the map capsule again.

1. Fawntia profile image
      Fawntiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm the person who asked you to report your problem in this forum. Thanks for following up!

I just tried to pin a marker to a particular address in the map capsule in Chrome on Windows Vista, and it worked ok for me, so I'm not sure what's going on. Here are some questions/suggestions:

(1) Try holding down your shift key while refreshing the page. See if the problem persists.

(2) Try a different address. Does the problem occur no matter which address you enter, or only for a certain one?

(3) If all else fails, trying a different browser will probably work (though I understand that this suggestion is annoying and probably not the solution you are looking for).

Meanwhile, I will ask the rest of the HubPages team if they have any problems with the map capsule in Chrome.

2. Fawntia profile image

Also:

(4) If you scroll down the page, are you able to find the map capsule again? It sounds like you are getting an error that is jumping you to the top of the page (so that the map capsule is much lower on the page, and all you see is the black overlay curtain).

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image90
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, and the more that I think about it the more hubs that I've already published. . . .could use a map capsule too.

I'm going to try this with firefox, and see what happens-easy enough.  I am, however, rather ignorant when it comes to computers and the internet. . . .I'm just someone who really REALLY enjoys writing on the web.  I've been very surprised when I figured out on my own how to use the news capsule, and the rss capsule.  I know, that sounds sort of pitiful. . . .but I'm not a computer guy-okay, I'm going to switch and give it a try.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image90
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey, thanks for the help.  I tried it again. . . .and it did the same thing-but then I tried it once more, and it worked.  Thanks again.

~WTS~

1. Fawntia profile image

I'm glad that it seems to be working for you now. If you run into problems again, please let me know which address you are searching for that is causing problems.

working