jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Hubs

1. mypleasurefantasy profile image89
    mypleasurefantasyposted 7 years ago

Could someone please review these hubs, I don't understand why they were voted down. I know they are a lot of information, but its information that I teach to many people involved in photography, and information that is necessary to understand the talent behind the technical skill. Help I'm so confused

Exposure
    Introduction to DSLR

1. IzzyM profile image90
      IzzyMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What makes you think they were voted down? All new hubs start out with a low score. You've only published the two of them within the last few hours. Give it time.
      Excellent hubs, by the  way smile
      Welcome to Hubpages smile

mypleasurefantasyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Because they started at 50 like all hubs and then went down. I just was worried on if it was too much info....or not what hubpages is about....I don't know. probably just stupid worry...since I am so new

1. IzzyM profile image90
          IzzyMposted 7 years agoin reply to this

All new hubs start at 50 then go down to 48/49 before they start climbing. If you leave your new hub unpublished for a day or two you will see it start to climb on its own.
          There is no such thing as to hub that is too long, IMO. Long hubs are chock full of info which is what people are looking for. I wish you every success with your photographic hubs - I'm sure they'll be very helpful to a lot of people.
          Think of a hub as being a magazine article. Long articles give more info but short ones too can be just what people are looking for. Unlike blogs, hubs are complete articles, just like you would find in a magazine.
          The major difference with hubs and magazine articles is that we have to learn how to write for the search engines. This means the use of keywords in headers, title, url and throughout the body of the text. People must be able to find your work, and that is how they do. Then the search engines pick up the keywords and push your article higher up in Google or Bing or Yahoo so that people can find it. Good luck smile

Thanks so much for your feedback IzzyM. Its appreciated.

2. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 7 years agoin reply to this

hello and welcome
      IzzyM gave the proper answer
      One more thing we write hub here not blog. What you wrote were hubs.

ooooo sorry. My mistake. I will fix it

working