jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)

Is it better to have both Kontera and adsense ads or just adsense?

1. profile image0
    awesome77posted 6 years ago

I joined about a week ago and I want to know about KONTERA.

Is it better to have both Kontera and adsense ads or just adsense?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There are lots of discussion about Kontera here, two of the forum threads are http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/54885#top and this one -- http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/53659#post1253023

I removed Kontera  -- reason given by Sunforged in one of the threads

1. Mikeydoes profile image76
        Mikeydoesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I've heard not to use it.

HOWEVER

If you were smart, which I am sure you are. Later on when you start getting more traffic, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try it out. If it makes you more money, leave it on, if it doesn't take it off.\\

I plan on trying it out in the future, just to give it the old college try.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
          prettydarkhorseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I tried it, and I earned from it just minimal -- negligible. I just thought that it annoys me to visit some sites with lots of pop ads like that so I removed it. It is pretty easy to put it back again if time comes.

2. jondav profile image64
        jondavposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I personally prefer adsense - i never did well with Kontera (pre Hubpages)

2. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years agoin reply to this

i prefer only adsense ads as Kontera ads takes lot of time to earn and earn only if ad is click.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I use both and have good success with both.

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I have heard mixed reviews on this topic. However, I've heard more bad about Kontera than good.

I don't use it, but enjoy my Adsense revenue. smile

3. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Unless you have a LOT of traffic (by which I mean over 100,000 pageviews a month), Kontera isn't going to be productive for you.

4. thisisoli profile image54
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Personally I use both adsense and Kontera, I have been testing it exhaustively and seen next to no affect on my adsense earnings from Kontera.

Likewise I disagree that you need to be getting 100,000 views to utilize Kontera, in the same way you could say that you need to get 10,000 views to bother with Adsense.  Yes, you wont earn very much with Kontera, but it does add up, just like any other revenue stream. I personally enjoy getting the occasional bonus payment from Kontera on top of my Adsense earnings.

5. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I've used Kontera since it was introduced, Oli, and I'm one of the only people you'll find on this site who says they are making any money from it.

I didn't say you need 100,000 views to utilize Kontera, I said that if you are getting less than that, it's not going to be productive.  By which I meant to say, you won't hardly be earning anything.

1. thisisoli profile image54
      thisisoliposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It's all relative, there are a lot of people with adsense up who are not earning huge amounts, should they not bother putting adsense up?

You will generally earn around about the same amount over 100,000 views no matter how long it takes to reach that value, be it daily or annually.

If you don't put kontera up for that reason you are simply throwing possible earnings away, and that is something which is never a good idea.  If you think Kontera is adversely affecting your earnings then feel free to remove it. But removing Kontera because you wont get a huge amount of money from it straight away is not a good idea in my opinion.

6. Mikeydoes profile image76
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

Can someone link a couple good example of hubs with kontera, for reference? I would really like to see what the ads look like and why it takes away from adsense.

1. cohenj88 profile image60
      cohenj88posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi,

This is Jonathan from Kontera generally we've found that since Kontera and AdSense are displayed in completely different areas of a webpage, they don't eat into each other's ad clicks and using both can only add to your overall revenue.

Additionally, because some people have become so overexposed to banner ads that they start getting "banner blindness" and ignoring banners completely, it's a good idea to diversify your ad platforms.

In terms of some good examples of Hubpages with Kontera, here a couple from Oli and Relache where they're getting great Rich-Media ads from Samsung, Ortho Home Defense, Dow Fiberglass, Febreze, Great Falls Montana, Garnier Fructis shampoo, Olay, and Yellow Pages.

(Just remember to sign out of HubPages first, so you can see them.)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Ten-Best-Tips-F … ing-Makeup
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Christmas-Presents-for-Dogs

7. profile image0
    awesome77posted 6 years ago

My sincere thanks for all your answers. I will try it once i start seeing a lot of traffic!

8. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

I never used kontera but i think you will get good CTR if you have well written content with the given amount of traffic.

9. Tarin profile image57
    Tarinposted 6 years ago

I'm worried that kontera ads might be off-topic. I've seen kontera ads for the word awesome.  What's targeted traffic for the word awesome going to be?  Skateboarders I guess.  I have trouble getting relevant ads for anything but adsense and usually the smaller the ad block the more relevant the ads are.

Kontera is a cool idea though!

10. Mikeydoes profile image76
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

I've been consistantly getting 2k views a day, so I'm going to throw it on and see what happens.

I will let everyone know. I am sure it is going to do pretty well.

1. CYBERSUPE profile image60
      CYBERSUPEposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank You Mikeydoes I will be looking for your updates.

2. akeetlebeetle profile image81
      akeetlebeetleposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So how did the experiment go? Any increase in revenue from Kontera? Any Decrease from other sources?

11. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

Sounds like kontera is worth a try.

working