jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Does HubPages record your own page views?

1. Stories Inc. profile image72
    Stories Inc.posted 6 years ago

I was wondering, just to get a good grasp of how many people actually visit my hubs, if it is taken into account every time I check on one of my own hubs, to see individual stats and the sorts? And other visitors, are they counted as unique visitors or is every separate visit to the same hub represented?
    I'm a bit at a loss here with the correct terminology, but I hope the questions make sense.

All best wishes,

Stories Inc.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Your own views, including editing, are counted. HubPages does not count unique visitors, Google Analytics can do that for you.

Stories Inc.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, so I have a lot less viewers than I actually thought... Thanks for your quick and helpful reply, WE.

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

WE, I have assumed that as the edit screen is a different URL it doesn't count as a view - am I wrong?

At the same time, if you go to the hub, then click "edit" that would be a view, and when you click "done editing" that would be another as it returns you to the hub. 

If you click "edit" directly from the statistics screen you would bypass the first view, but would still collect the second when done editing.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sound analysis, Wilderness. I haven't looked that deep, other than to observe that every time one edits a hub the net effect is that new pageviews do accrue.

By the way, Stories Inc., if you set up Google Analytics there is a way to exclude your own IP address from the results.

Thank you for the hint, Website Examiner.

2. Pcunix profile image88
          Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And this is the link by ritteritter:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Google-Analytic … -Filtering

Thank you for the useful hub, Pcunix :-)

1. Pcunix profile image88
              Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank ritteritter - it's not mne.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Thanks Pcunix, you have been most helpful.

working