jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Photo's

1. R. Looney profile image54
    R. Looneyposted 9 years ago

Are you allowed to post photo's that others have taken about the subject line of your own hub. Meaning my hub is about home repair and remodeling and I need photo's of work in progress but have none of my own. Am I allowed to find other photo's on whatever subject I am discussing and publish them on my hub, only for instructional purposes.

2. SunSeven profile image64
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

Please feel free to use the free photos I have posted here at hubpages if any of them suits you. You will be able to find them by searching the site. smile

Best Regards

3. Inspirepub profile image81
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

http://www.zoo-m.com/flickr-storm/

Hit "advanced search", select "commercial use (with attribution)", and make sure you take note of the name of the person to whom to attribute the photo.

I do it quite simply by saving the image as "imagename by photographername.jpg", so that I can use the photo again later without having to go and look up the name of the photographer.

Jenny

1. R. Looney profile image54
      R. Looneyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jenny

I just wanted to drop you a line thanking you for your help on my photo issue. Its refreshing to get so many helpfull suggestions, yours being on the top of my list as far as the direction I will go on getting the photo's I need.

R. Looney

1. Inspirepub profile image81
        Inspirepubposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for saying so - I feel all warm and fuzzy now ...

Jenny

4. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

...and just to clarify, you then have to include the photographer's name, and a link to their Photostream, in your article.

5. Louie Jerome profile image58
    Louie Jeromeposted 9 years ago

There are lots of photos on Wikipedia that you can use because they are covered by Creative Commons License. Most photos on Wikipedia come under this heading, and I think its safe to assume they are CC pictures, unless it says differently on them.

1. Inspirepub profile image81
      Inspirepubposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You should still attribute them if you do use images from Wikipedia.

Jenny

working