jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

HubPages should hide the link to follow yourself

1. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

I have noticed that next to my hubs there is a link to follow myself. When I click on it I naturally get a message that I can't follow myself. But I think the website should hide that link altogether: it makes no sense from a usability point of view to display a link that is pointless to click on.

simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ah and the same is true for the contact link to contact myself...

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

If you notice you can't follow or contact yourself from your profile. I don't see how they could do it for every hub and still allow others to follow the hub. It does no harm.

The idea is that HubPages should hide the links from me but not from all other users. If I'm logged in as simeonvisser it makes no sense to see a link to follow or contact myself. But you should see those links just in case you need them.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I would imagine that would involve much tech work, I really don't know. I never even notice that area on my own hubs.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

When I'm signed in, my profile does not show links for following or contacting myself.

Ah yes, that's true. I mean the contact / follow links on the hub themselves when you're signed in.

working