Who's Using Kontera?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

Hi,

I didn't activate this because I saw it on another site I posted stories on and it irritated me. I didn't think people would click them.

However, I'm on two sites which give 100% google adsense payout. They stick with Kontera. I've just done a click examination (Using google analysis). I find it interesting that the Kontera ads have been clicked on, but not the google ads.

Who uses Kontera, and what are your results?

thanks. smile

1. cohenj88 profile image61
      cohenj88posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sophia,

This is Jonathan from Kontera. Because of "Banner Blindness", where some people become so numb to banner ads that they stop noticing them completely, it's a good idea to feature a proven alternative like Kontera on your site.

That being said, apart from anything involving Kontera, it's pretty unusual to be getting no ad clicks from AdSense, my guess is it's just an aberration from a small traffic sample.

Concerning our network, Kontera In Text ads are effective for Publishers because of our combination of contextual technology and quality ads. Rather than scan for keywords like so many other networks, our Synapse Platform reads your content for actual meaning. This extra level of understanding of your work, is how we provide the most relevant ads to for your content, leading to higher CTR and better CPC.

Another advantage of Kontera is our exclusive ad inventory from such brands as Nintendo, Microsoft, Pizza Hut, National Geographic, Blackberry, Ford, AT&T, and many more. These ads are the most attractive to readers, offer the best possible CPC, and can only be found on the Kontera network.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions about Kontera.

Thanks,

- Jonathan Cohen
      Kontera Community Manager

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jonathan, I read your previous threads. I have no problem with Adsense on HP.

It still remains that those sites that are paying 100% google adsense revenue to writers are earning through Kontera Revenue.

I have some questions for you.

1) Why is Kontera only paying one penny for each click, and if they pay more than that, when do they pay more, and how can someone like me get to that sort of revenue. I truly am not interested in pennies. It takes too long to be worth anything.

I've had that story with Associated Content for close on 5 years and I am no longer interested. I can see it working for a website that has millions of clicks, but not for websites where individuals like me don't get that sort of traffic.

2) How does one sign up for Kontera? Does one just enable Kontera on HP or does one sign up somewhere else? This isn't a buying signal by the way. smile That depends on the answers to the first question. smile

3) Please could you look at my hubs and see what sort of ads would be posted on them  - high paying or low paying?

Thank you!

1. cohenj88 profile image61
          cohenj88posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sophia,

Kontera revenue depends on a variety of different factors, including the location of your readers because the ads are geo-targeted, what topics you're writing about, what advertiser campaigns are running at the moment, and more.

Looking of your Hubs, it looks like you have quality content which is the biggest factor in being accepted and thriving on the Kontera network.

(By the way, the women who cowrote Stardust is Jane Goldman. Shes' also cowritten Kickass, and one of the upcoming X-Men movies.)

In terms of enabling Kontera on HubPages, you need to first apply to become a publisher on the Kontera website, and then implement your Kontera tag on HubPages. Instructions on how to do that can be found here: http://kb.kontera.com/questions/100/How … ubpages%3F

I'd recommend signing up to become a Kontera Publisher, and then sending me an e-mail at jonathanc@kontera.com so I can get an account manager to look over your account and double check that you're receiving the best possible ads for your content.

Thanks,

- Jonathan

1. profile image0

Thank you, Jonathan. I have activated it and will try it out for a few months.

Obviously, it's a balance of things. If I find that the money earned outweighs the irritation of having ads pop up in one's face, I'll keep it! smile

2. thisisoli profile image69
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sophia, be careful on the sites that say they offer 100% adsense revenue.  Many of them actually only give you 100% adsense on ONE adsense ad spot, and the unscrupulous ones make that an ad spot in a low visibility area.

I tend to avoid article directories which offer this kind of ad sharing.

1. profile image0

Well, yes.... smile

2. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

I stll have Kontera on my hubs. And they always paid me when pay day comes! smile
    Best Regards

1. profile image0

Thank you, Sun Seven. I did note that some had no issue with it. smile

3. 2besure profile image79
    2besureposted 13 years ago

I don't want anything competing with my Google Ad so I deactivated it.

4. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

As I have stated in previous threads, after extensive testing I continue to use Kontera.

Google Earnings do drop a little with Kontera enabled, but not by much. The benefit was that my Kontera earnings more than made up for the drop in Adsense earnings.

Kontera won't earn much per page view when compared to Google Adsense, but it generally gives me around a 10% monthly bonus to my Adsense earnings.

5. zoey24 profile image77
    zoey24posted 13 years ago

I am not sure if i am going to keep Kontera or not. I am earning less from my google adds since signing up to Kontera and am certainly not making the difference back either. I found Kontera to be confusing, for example one day i got 1p for 1 click. Another day i got 0p for 2 clicks. And then i got 4p for 15 clicks in one day. I dont understand how this is worked out?

6. Michael Durden profile image70
    Michael Durdenposted 13 years ago

If you activate Kontera does it automatically go on all your hubs, like with Google AdSense? I'm assuming it does, but it would be nice if you could pick and choose, like Amazon Affiliates.

1. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can set kontera settings on each individual hub when you are in edit mode, a well as choosing from the global settings.

1. Michael Durden profile image70
        Michael Durdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, that's good to know. Thanks!

7. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I had it up for quite a while an didn't make over 7 cents in 1 day.   Wasn't working good with my hubs I suppose.

1. profile image0

I find the same thing. I'vboe had it about three 7weeks and I make about 7 cents per day.

I think this is one of those products that work fantasticly clients that want cheap advertising but not for those of us who have to host it. Just not worth it!

I'm going to give it a while loniger. If it doesn't increase, I'm going to remove it.

8. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 13 years ago

I have also tried it out for such a short amount of time.. that maybe I'll give it a go again...

9. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Kontera is not a replacement for adsense, it is an alternative, it is just another way of advertising without crowding out the page with advertisements.

In text advertising traditionally has a lower ctr and value than adsense ads, but since people usually see in text advertising AFTER they see the Google advertisements, it is usually just a nice way to mop up a few more cents from your traffic.

10. LennyP profile image73
    LennyPposted 13 years ago

Kontera ads annoy me when trying to read an article so I don't use them. I'm a believer in the golden rule of do unto others as you would want them to do unto you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)