jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Conversion Rates

1. andyoz profile image88
    andyozposted 6 years ago

On average what are people's Amazon conversion rates like?  So far I have had about 40 Amazon clicks, but no sales.  How many clicks does it take to get a sale?  I no this depends on lots of factors but just wondered what the general average is?

1. J Sunhawk profile image73
      J Sunhawkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

From what I've read, 4 to 6% is average and 10 to 12% is very good. Type "Amazon conversion rates" into search and you'll find a bunch of discussions on this topic.

Good luck.

1. Mikeydoes profile image76
        Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine is way below that... There is no good or bad number, IMO.

2. kirstenblog profile image75
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

For me, my rough average is one customer per 50 clicks, tho that can vary a lot over the period of a year. At the moment I am doing much better then that so I expect a real lull soon lol

3. andyoz profile image88
    andyozposted 6 years ago

I was assuming now was a bad time of year with it being just after Christmas.  Kinda wish I had discovered Hubpages a month sooner.

1. kirstenblog profile image75
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am doing pretty good so far this month (I know, I know, its only the 6th lol) but I didn't make my first sale till this time last year (was a long time before I made any sales basically). Now that I do manage sales each month (often reaching at least one of the higher tier levels) I find that a 1 to 50 ratio seems pretty average, good. I find getting the clicks in the first instance is the hardest part, once a person clicks an add there is a good chance they intend to buy (tho there are a number of reasons why they don't, including not buying till your referral cookie has expired). Amazon do do a good job of selling once the traffic is on their site. Keep those hubs coming, with good content and ad placement. Best of luck to you!

working