jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Stop Followers from Receiving Updates

1. profile image61
    lilmisssunshine23posted 6 years ago

Hi,

Just curious...Is there a way that I can stop followers from getting that "New Hubs from your favorite authors" email.

Not a big deal, but I want to test a new idea I had without risking others copying my idea. :-)

Love,
    Shannon

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
      Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My suggestion would be to create a separate account.

2. katiem2 profile image58
      katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good idea, I would start a new user on the same account! 

Your followers have the option to receive those notifications and only they can turn it off,  as far as I know!

1. Pandoras Box profile image68
        Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Start a new user on the same account? Is that a new feature?

1. katiem2 profile image58
          katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nope, it's been available since I've been here.  I don't remember how to do it, check the tutorials.  smile

1. Pandoras Box profile image68
            Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I'll hold off on that for now, lol. I think you have to create a new account with a different email for each user. That's always been my understanding. I thought maybe they'd made it a new feature or something, but I guess not.

Of course, I could be mistaken, but at this point it's not real relevant to me. Besides which I'd have to kick myself if I found out that the ability to have multiple users under the same account had always existed and I just missed it!   

If they did make it a feature, I'd like them to include some way of rejoining already existing users under one account, but it doesn't really matter, I just sign in and out alot.

2. profile image61
    lilmisssunshine23posted 6 years ago

Thanks! This is a good idea and I hadn't thought about it.

Love,
    Shannon

working