jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

I erased my second hub.

1. Kimberlynn profile image57
    Kimberlynnposted 6 years ago

In haste I erased my second hub I had written. I became discouraged and wasn't sure of what mistakes I needed to correct. Does anyone have advice on how I can regain the confidence to rewrite and publish it again?

1. ceciliabeltran profile image75
      ceciliabeltranposted 6 years agoin reply to this

just try again.

2. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

what warning did it show up?

1. Kimberlynn profile image57
        Kimberlynnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

i erased it.

1. brandonhart100 profile image85
          brandonhart100posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Kimberlynn, what types of hubs do you plan on writing?  Once you have determined what type of writing you want to do, look for similar hubs that are of a good quality and try to determine why they have been successful.

2. saleheensblog profile image59
          saleheensblogposted 6 years agoin reply to this

well, do nothing, just publish it and place the link here and let us see that first.

3. slc334 profile image43
      slc334posted 6 years ago

Just take more of a content approach.  Often Hubpages (and viewers) don't like too many ads, so there are stops in place so that there aren't too many.  Hubpages will make sure there is enough content to justify the ads, as well as making sure that you can only link to the same thing twice.

If you are having problems organizing the content, try this simple formula:
      Intro - What will I cover in my article?
      Body - A paragraph or two covering the main points brought up by the intro
      Conclusion - A rephrasing of the intro, but designed to sum up what has been discussed in the body

Don't get upset, I've also been frustrated away from this site, but it is stick-to-it-ness that is rewarded. Good luck!

4. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago

Leave it be. Write something else, then work on it again, publish, look at the responce and may be ask other hubbers, some of us will gladly give you their opinion, don't be discouraged.

5. paradigmsearch profile image94
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Here is one technique that is viable in some instances:

1.    Tell them what you are going to tell them (the intro).

2.    Then tell them (the body).

3.    Tell them what you have told them (the conclusion/summary).

smile

1. brandonhart100 profile image85
        brandonhart100posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Paradigm, that's simple but exactly right.

For Topic Ideas use the adword keyword tool.  After using just about everything I still use that 95% of the time.

For onpage SEO use your Title for your keywords and then you First Major heading as your main keyword... third heading as secondary keyword, fourth heading etc... spread it around and then in your Conclusion/summary, use all of your main keywords again... or something like that smile

Beyond just putting the title in, HP has made it very convenient to add different paragraph headings as well.  If you can, then use your keywords in those as well.  In the end, be careful not to overdo it.  Make sure you don't sacrifice quality for SEO.

6. Kimberlynn profile image57
      Kimberlynnposted 6 years ago

I thank everyone for the supportive advice! I am going to rewrite this and keep trying. One of my goal's in writing is to take the mundane and make it into something beautiful.

working