jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Bing Copies Google - Kind of Funny!

1. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/ … earch.html

Turns out Bing is using Google as part of its ranking algorithm!

2. Daniel Carter profile image88
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Perhaps I shall die of not surprise.
    Kind reveals a few more cracks in Microsoft, having to rely on their competitors...

thisisoliposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, I think this post by Google might be poorly received by Microsoft though!

3. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I think one thing we need to take from this is that optimization for Google really is the way to go! big_smile

1. jaymelee23 profile image60
      jaymelee23posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I agree! I read a similar article the other day on the USA Today website.

4. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

MS and apple always copies features and learns from competitors, so no surprise there. But saying they're using algorithm of google is overkill, because if that's the case then google has some security hole in their team of developers. wink

Many autoblogs and crap sites are not ranking high in bing. I wonder why if they're completely copying the algorithm ? So that means MS is being clever here by cutting the sh*t which google ranks high.

thisisoliposted 6 years agoin reply to this

They are not copying the algorithm, they are scraping Google's search results.

1. skyfire profile image71
        skyfireposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Scraped from google search engine that shows scraped content on top ? tongue

5. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago

That explains why some of my first page rankings on google are now first page rankings on bing. I noticed a few days ago.

6. dingdong profile image61
    dingdongposted 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing. It's an interesting post.

working