jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Some things I have learned in the past two years on Hubpages

1. doodlebugs profile image82
    doodlebugsposted 6 years ago

There are so many successful and talented writers here on Hubpages that I was reluctant at first to write any article purporting to "increase earnings".  I'm actually earning a living by working at home writing articles now, so I figured "what the heck?".  Here are some of my tips for new Hubbers that might help you increase your earnings:
    <snipped link - do not promote your Hubs in the forums>

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is called self promotion, although I realize you probably didn't mean it that way, and prohibited in the forums.  The only forum where you may post a link to your hub is the extreme makeover forum.

You may wish to delete the link and re-word your post.

2. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Wilderness, can you go into your reply as well and delete the link?

???  I didn't leave a link?  What am I missing here?

1. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
        Hestia DeVotoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

When you quoted the first post, you duplicated the promotional Hub link.

Sorry, people, I always use the threaded mode and that quote doesn't show there.  I had no idea what you were talking about!  And then had to go out for a while and now it's too late.  Live and learn, I guess.

2. Rosie2010 profile image75
      Rosie2010posted 6 years agoin reply to this

lol so funny!

3. simeonvisser profile image86
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

200+ hubs, 500+ followers yet 4 forum posts in 2 years. It is not surprising that doodlebugs was not familiar with this rule though.

No, I don't think he is.  I also don't think it was really self promotion (more of an effort to help others) but it won't be taken the way he meant it to be.

working