jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

photo acknowledgement

1. catgypsy profile image80
    catgypsyposted 6 years ago

I just did my 2nd Hub and used a picture from Flickr. I was wondering if someone could look at it and see if the info under the photo is what's required. I wasn't sure how to enter it, so where it said Source, I put in Flickr and then under that I put the picture URL . But when I looked at it it just said Flickr under the picture. I wasn't sure if this was enough as the photographer wasn't mentioned. So I put the URL in both boxes and got what's currently under the picture. It's titled "The Cheaper, Healthier Way to Cook for One" by Catgypsy.  I'm not trying to get everyone to read it, honestly, I'm just so new to this and wasnt to know if what I did was right!

Thanks
    Sheila

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

If you can provide the URL for the page you got the photo from, I can double-check what the license information says. Looking at the hub doesn't really help in that regard, does it? Then I'd have to do an Internet search for the picture, so if you could help identify the source instead, that will be much easier.

3. catgypsy profile image80

I hope this is what you're looking for:

: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sa_ku_ra/1 … hotostream

Thanks,
    Sheila

4. catgypsy profile image80

I went back to the page I got the picture from and this is what I got:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sa_ku_ra/18205753/

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

OK. I checked it out, and while it says that you must give attribution, she (the owner of the image) does not specify what attribution you must give.

In the field for attribution, write: "sa_ku_ra/ (Flickr)" (without the quote-marks);

In the field for URL, simply paste in the link that you gave me. If it works, fine; if not, never mind.

5. catgypsy profile image80

Thank you so much!
    Sheila

working