jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

tags "appear" to be editable in preview mode

1. Howard S. profile image90
    Howard S.posted 6 years ago

Tags are supposed to be added or deleted while in edit mode. Switch to preview mode, however, and you can add tags. It looks like they are being accepted. However, the prior state is restored when you exit preview mode. There is no warning that the tag "changes" were permitted, retained, etc. It is all too easy to make this mistake. The tag function box should be disabled entirely in preview mode.

1. IzzyM profile image91
      IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you there Howard. I did that once without realising and was annoyed to then have to replace al the tags.

2. Michael Willis profile image82
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Your Tags are editable as long as you are logged in to Hubpages. I actually like this so I do not have to go into Edit Mode every time.

1. Howard S. profile image90
      Howard S.posted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's true, and I like that. But try this: go into edit mode; preview the hub; try to add a tag; close preview window; and you're back where you started. Too easy to err while creating a hub.

1. Michael Willis profile image82
        Michael Willisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have never used the preview mode. Before I have published any hub I exit edit mode completely and go through it many times before I Publish.
        (Then...find something I missed and have to fix it. lol)

working