jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

High-lighting Disallowed Links

1. profile image0
    SirDentposted 6 years ago

I received a message from HubPages saying I had a link on one of my hubs that led to a site that was noit allowed.  They said I have two days to fix the problem.  I am not complaining about the notification or that I had to remove the link. 

My problem was having to search through the hub to find the link.  My suggestion is to have the links highlighted similar to the bad or broken links highlight along with a notification on our homepage about the link.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Sir,

It doesn't work like "broken" links, where it highlights yellow?

Edit: I've not heard of links not allowed, which is why I asked.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It was on an old hub of mine.  Most likely it is not allowed under the new TOS. Part of the email notification I got was:

As I wrote earlier, it is not a complaint about having to remove the link but only because I had to search it out. 

It doesn't work like broken links links that we see on our account page and homepage.

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't mean on the accounts page. I mean in the hub itself. Broken links show up highlighted yellow. wink

1. profile image0

Yes, but the link was not a broken link.  It was a link that is no longer allowed on HubPages.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image79
        Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, SirDent, didn't think to point out where it was.  If you still need help I can locate it for you.

1. profile image0

I found the link.  It just took a little time and having to scroll over each link to find it.  Thanks for being diligent also.  HubPages management deserve much more praise than they recieve.

3. ThomasE profile image75
    ThomasEposted 6 years ago

Er... could we clarify this? What kinds of links are disallowed? Only asking because I haven't heard of such a thing, and I don't want to get into trouble smile

working