jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

# of visits goes DOWN???

1. hot dorkage profile image73
    hot dorkageposted 9 years ago

I happened to check my total # of visits one day.  Then about an hour later and within HubPages timezone (so it was the same day)  I refreshed the  page and Lo and behold the visit count had dropped off by two.  How does this happen?

1. gsalvadi profile image59
      gsalvadiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello,
               what do you see good on your traffic source. Is the majority from hub, if not all? Give a thought..I wonder are you interested in learning something about "crowd behavior"?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This question comes up all the time.
      The "refresh" on the visits happens 'occasionally'  so the 'last 24 hours number "can vary wildly-- no big deal.  Keep on focusing on your writing and responses--  remember the turtle wins the race.
      And, after all, it is not a race for numbers. Enjoy the experience. I especially love the feedback and the chance to respond to others.

The numbers are interesting to me, but not a goal.

2. hot dorkage profile image73

It just happened again.  I'm confused.  Is this some evil plot to chew away at my pathetically small number of visits and assign them to some hacker?

3. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 9 years ago

I am not sure but it may count the page views in last 24 h on hourly increment.

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Day, week, and month view counts are moving windows that show the last 24, 168, and 720 hours respectively.

5. Maddie Ruud profile image80
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

hot dorkage:

I notice you're asking a lot of questions that are covered in our FAQ sticky thread.  You may want to check it out for future reference.

6. hot dorkage profile image73

I do apologize the 1 day issue was covered completely in the FAQ there but none of my other questions really were.    That is the only technical issue in the FAQ with a complete logical explanation, all the rest touch on  things and just make me have more questions.  But if you don't like me asking I will go away and never come back.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image80
      Maddie Ruudposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh no!  That's not what I meant at all.  I just thought it might help you out, since you asked this question today, and the question regarding how HubScore is calculated yesterday.  Only trying to be helpful, sorry if that was misconstrued.

1. hot dorkage profile image73
        hot dorkageposted 9 years agoin reply to this

wink   Not a problem at all. 

PHOO my major score just dropped 3 points in 30 minutes and I wish I knew EXACTLY what I did to deserve that.    Maybe it was that shifting visitcount window.   Well hopefully the fan hack will cause my score to go through the roof.

1. relache profile image86
          relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

After two years of using HubPages, I can say quite confidently that you will never be told that sort of exact answer.

If you're thinking that every single thing that you enact or publish on a hub causes an instant and discernible response to your HubScore, you need to step away from the computer and/or possibly re-read the FAQ.  Because the HP system hasn't been created to work that way, so you can stop barking up that tree right now.

7. topstuff profile image60
    topstuffposted 9 years ago

Dont worry too much about hubscore ,it keeps on changing,

working