My hubscore is the lowest it has been in over a year

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 74 discussions (144 posts)
  1. Bard of Ely profile image77
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

My hubscore is usually from 96 at its lowest to 100 at its best but today it has dropped down to 89 and then to 88 while I have been on the site! This is worrying, especially considering that I posted a new hub last night and thought my score would go up not down!

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One of my friends also copped a heavy and unusual drop in score today, Funny thing was it went straight back up again!

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes mine fell rapidly from 99 to 92 in about 6 hrs ,crazy.

You have many more hubs Bard and putting in great effort , your score will be back up in no time smile

3. beautyrose profile image60
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah i saw your score down. So its hard for us with low score too to rise since the top are dropping down.

4. oceansnsunsets profile image84
      oceansnsunsetsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello there, I woke up this morning to find that my numbers had dropped at least 4 points overnight, and its the lowest I have been too. I cannot figure out what happened, and I also have brand new hubs, etc.  Less than 24 hours of making 2 new hubs, and getting more views and comments.
      Scratching head here. sad
      Ocean

5. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That does definitely not sound right Bard.

6. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine too - it's very odd!

7. countrywomen profile image61
      countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here's wishing you get back your perfect scores. I hope it will be "done" soon. big_smile

http://jakzar.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/perfect-score.JPG

Bard of Elyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, CW! smile And BTW I love pizzas! lol

8. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine to! Oh well, I don't care if mean spirited people (of which there are many here) rate my stuff down. I've got more important things in my life to worry about anyway.

2. Bard of Ely profile image77

Thanks for your replies Earnestshub and Eaglekiwi!

It is very strange especially as I have a number of hubs going up and had new comments for my latest hub!

Last night I think I was at 96 so to have dropped like this came as a shock!

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

OMG... You don't think the Squid has been marking our hubs down; Do ya? lol

4. Bard of Ely profile image77

I really don't know what's going on! Has yours dropped too?

1. Jodi Hoeksel profile image59
      Jodi Hoekselposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My hub score has dropped significantly as well, like 8 down. Interestingly though my page views are up. How does that happen?
      hmmmm, maybe someone is downing people sad

I didn't realise that this can happen! I suppose I had just assumed that once you got a good score if you kept on hubbing it would go up not down!

2. Candie V profile image71
        Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm way down as well for the first time and without unfinished hubs. 

Tom Cornett - your score is never where it should be.. you're a solid 98 - 100 in my book, but you rarely get close.. hmmm..

2. blondepoet profile image68

I really think they should get rid of the down button I mean if you don't like a Hub you just don't read it, as the down can be used against you, if visitors are on a spree or if someone does not like the writer, all kind of reasons.

If that is what's happened would that explain why lots of us have a considerable drop? But are there people coming on here and randomly or by other means of selection voting the hubs of hubbers down? It seems very unfair if that's the case because all your hard work and status here can be ruined by unknown enemies and not a lot you can do about it!

1. blondepoet profile image68

I totally agree Bard I heard the people from Squid like voting down, as I said it really is silly to be there, if you find offence in a hub you just have to report it or if it is a topic you don't like or it does not appeal in any way, you just don't bother reading. I really see no point of a down button but to use it against the hubber, who you said may have worked incredibly hard and does not deserve it.

2. blue dog profile image61
          blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

agreed.  last week my number dropped 6 points in 7 hours.  only to slowly crawl back up and then last night, bam, another huge drop.  perhaps a poll on the down button would be in order.  granted, it's only a number, but then so were the numbers at the top of a piece of paper in high school and college.  much effort is contributed, by many different personalities, for the benefit of hp.  this seems to be a flaw in an otherwise well-planned site.  if, in fact, we are encouraged to participate in forum discussions, there's really no need for a down button.

as some have suggested, it's number is meaningless.  quite true.  still, it's discouraging to read hubs using incorrect grammer, poor sentence structure, and titillating content, only to garner higher scores than well written, educational and informative hubs.

3. DonnaCSmith profile image81
      DonnaCSmithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine dropped from 90s to 85 overnight, but this morning its back in the 90s.

5. Lisa HW profile image60
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Mine has been dropping consistently for the last day or so, but I don't think I offended "Squid".  I was just assuming that maybe a lot of my Hubs were going down in traffic.

6. Pearldiver profile image67

I don't think it's solely traffic flow.. as mine has been quite high over the week.  Same as you guys on hub score 94 - 90.
    I was wondering if the fact that I have 3 incmplete & unpublished hubs (working on them) has anything to do with it. hmm
    It is disheartening when you drop 4 points.

I have no unpublished or incomplete hubs so that isn't the reason mine has gone down!

Yes I do not think it is unpublished hubs either, but something pulled my friend down 8 point overnight!

Mine would have been about 8 points down overnight too!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Mine down 6 ,then again maybe it shot to 100 for an hour and I missed it ,story of my life ..lol
            Im more concerned that my page veiws are so few ,yet it shows HP shows Im getting good traffic.
            Someones lyin to me ,or monitors are trickin me...

2. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have four unpublished hubs as well. Hey, if they knew what time consumming important task I busy with, hubpages would understand!

7. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Would down voting have this effect? As a rabid opponent of zealots and homophobes on the religious forums I know without doubt that I have some dumb assed enemies there. If down voting has this effect, that could account for some lousy scores of late.

1. oceansnsunsets profile image84
      oceansnsunsetsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wondered about down voting myself, as well as possibly having unfinished hubs?  Could having unfinished hubs be really really frowned upon here?

8. Lisa HW profile image60

It's always seemed to me that when I write a new Hub the score goes down for a day or so.  I've always assumed it's because a new Hub goes in at the bottom and has to work its way up.  I don't have have incomplete Hubs as Pearldiver does, and I don't usually go into the religion forum (sometimes politics, but I don't think I say anything inflammatory there).  On the other hand, I'm pretty free with my opinions so I could have offended someone (without really meaning to) anywhere.

This is kind of "conspiracy theory" thinking, but I wonder if there's any chance someone is just downing people with higher scores willy-nilly?   hmm

I am a conspiracy theorist and post some controversial material so it is possible I have offended someone. Famous conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has had news stories whereby he has claimed that Google deliberately marked him down for ratings for his films. He also has an ongoing battle at Myspace where his posts redirect to the Myspace homepage. With Alex this gets him more support as proof of the conspiracy and how his enemies are attacking him for telling the truth.

1. Dorsi profile image83
        Dorsiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes I wonder too Bard if our online sleuthing affect our score. That's pretty crappy if people that don't agree with us would do that but we don't all have ethics, you know? Even if I don't agree with someone I applaud their writing efforts if they are good!

9. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Who is the Squid character anyway?

Sometimes it would be good not have any scores huh sigh

Wasn't the squid usmanali?

2. Panda Man profile image59
      Panda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Spongeward Squid. I think. I mean Squidward Sponge. big_smile

10. Lisa HW profile image60

Squid was a temporary and frequent visitor (pest) on the forums a few days ago.  He was fooling around, and people were getting aggravated at the foolishness.  Some were saying stuff to/about him.  It didn't happen to be something I made any remarks about.

Ok thankyou both smile

Hey panda thought you said goodbye last week?

1. Panda Man profile image59
        Panda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It isn't too late to say goodbye now. For the next 4 years I will be working on the equation to 100 hubber score. This will be my only hub. big_smile Googbye!

11. Pearldiver profile image67

Well it does appear to be across the board; so in that respect, when it changes direction again... you'll be back up there again Bard hmm

Yep Earnest.... The drycleaners rang to say your Knights Templer underpants are ready to pick up.. & they managed to remove the WHY for you!! lol

Pearldiver, that is one of the funniest comments I have ever seen smile and very clever too!

12. trish1048 profile image67
    trish1048posted 14 years ago

Ever since the first hub challenge, and now with the new one going on, my score is staying low (for me).  It seems to struggle to even get to 94.  Not to mention, I haven't had any comments on any of my hubs in weeks (not counting spammers).

Boo hoo!

13. Lisa HW profile image60

Good point about the HubChallenge.  Maybe some of those industrious people are pushing down the scores of a lot of others.   smile    Oh well.  As you say, boo hoo.   smile

14. Bard of Ely profile image77

If it continues perhaps I should do a hub entitled Proof of the conspiracy - why hubs are going down! lol

It could be argued that any hubbers posting controversial but truthful info are being attacked by having their scores knocked down.

I am not even in the hub challenge!

1. SEM Pro profile image84
      SEM Proposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad you wrote with the question Bard. My score too has decreased substantially along with not being able to access my fans/fan mail or link onto fb. Although not usually paranoid, someone did express extreme and libelous remarks for my having supported a fellow hubber emotionally/verbally. Didn't know how they were doing it but thought perhaps they didn't have much of a life and were busy going in and clicking thumbs down too.

A lot of what I've been writing about lately has been personal "weird" stuff to many - thought this could be it too as I lost some fans over it. Natch, can't check who to confirm since the "see all" button is unusable. I've contacted hp staff via email a number of times but no response...

The hub challenge does take time and energy away from the community and makes sense that folks busy writing, don't read. could be their hubs are being "plugged" outside hp though, which would result in decreased scores for the rest of us.

15. Lisa HW profile image60

Oh - there's one thing for sure, and that is if someone says something controversial but true they're going pay one way or another.  smile   I'm not the conspiracy theory type, but unless there's something I don't know; imagine how easy it would be for one disgruntled person to go clicking away on the those down arrows.  hmm

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And Lisa so very easy to do!
      I would hope that HP can track such 'Traffic' with IP's.

Eaglekiwi.. I appolise for not commenting on how incredibly well Plucked your Eyebrows look! lol

Why thankyou Pearl ( she says batting her maybeline lashes) lol is my alter ego eyebrows...ssshhh

2. Jane@CM profile image61
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tracking the IP would be a good idea. Does HP even have enough staff to do that?

I'm relatively new, so my hubs have never been as high as any of the fine writers who have posted in this thread. Most of my veiws are from inside the hubpages, I haven't had much luck from outside sources.

Hope it all gets figured out soon smile

16. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

God knows what algorithm they use to calculate a hubbers score - but it seems pretty fickle to me! Mine's all over the place. It's jumped up today for some reason and I'm sure it will go down again without any apparent differences to my hub traffic, numbers of comments, etc.

I can't imagine people rating you down Bard - your hubs are great and even when you differ with poeple you're very respectful.

Yours is up there Susana for being so nice, not just your hubs! smile

17. Lisa HW profile image60

Earnest, some people were saying that, but I don't think it was.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I have someone else in mind.  (Does "Squid-whatever" and "Sponge-whatever" really sound like Usmanali?)   (I realized that question may have come across sounding fresh or sarcastic, and it wasn't intended to.  It was an earnest (not Earnest) question.   smile  )

smile great play on words, and your question is fine! Yes I heard just now that it was Panda. Does anyone remember?

18. Lisa HW profile image60

I had to scroll back to see the eyebrows out of curiosity.   You're right.  Those are very neatly plucked brows (something I've never managed to have).

Hey Lisa ,come on over ,bring some key lime cake and I will make you look drop dead gorgeous!..smile

19. profile image30
    564626posted 14 years ago

I can say your hub score will increase with in day or two.

20. Lisa HW profile image60

Of course, the other side to all this is that several of us may just have "lost our groove".  It happens.   smile

Nope.. I'm in Denial on that... (who can I blame?)

I'm sure the Squid did it to mine; in response to my hubs on fishing and squid bait tips!! lol

1. Lisa HW profile image60
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the Squid is responsible for mine because I ignored him all weekend, in spite of all his efforts.  Or was it Sponge?

Sponge Bob Square Pants lol

1. Lisa HW profile image60
            Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, it was "Squidward Sponge" and "Spongeward Squid".  roll

2. blondepoet profile image68

Who is squid?

21. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Im down from 95 to 89 overnight....

Maybe hubpages is moving the boundaries as a result of increased competition?

That sound like a theory worth thinking about.

Well be nice if HP informed us ,communication would not go amiss.

2. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When my hubs where in a stand still my score went to 92. Now that they're moving, I'm 87

22. Jerilee Wei profile image68
    Jerilee Weiposted 14 years ago

Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this too.  Usually between 100 and 97, dropped to 93.  I try not to stress about this kind of sudden change as usually the world rights itself in time.

23. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

I don't usually obsess with hub scores but after seeing this post and after watching mine drop steadily from 99 yesterday to 91 in less than 36 hours is kind of... I don't know - weird / disturbing? But then I haven't really written a hub this week (first time in 5 weeks I have no hub) and have been generally inactive in forums and hub commenting,  so I figured I deserve the low hub score. smile hope it will go up again once I get a new hub out (whenever that is!).

24. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

My hubber score is tanking too. In my five months at hubpages I've always been above 90, usually in the mid-90s. Now I'm an 88!

Thank you for starting this thread. At least I'm with some distinguished company. I don't feel so badly now.

I've written 6 hubs this week and been gabbing alot on the forums. So maybe I should just go sit in the sun and forget it for a while. Or work elsewhere.

Wow Nellie yes take a well earned rest.
      You inspire me.

25. Eaglekiwi profile image74

We could probably start our own Friday Lottery an pick our own numbers

26. Kidgas profile image61
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I woke up this am with an 8 pt drop over 24 hours.  I was surprised to see 93 last evening  since I have been running between 94-97 for weeks now.  Then to wake to an 88 and now an 86?  Must be some system wide change or glitch.  Traffic for me has been very consistent and is even increasing over the past week so it's hard to understand.

27. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Missed ya petal ,aint the same wifout ya smile !

hey EK missed you too damn I have been busy sad Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh I shoulda emailed ya, forums been crazy phat loony lol

CJ will fill in any missin bits, better than a marmite sammie I tell ya !!...(nah not really) lol

Hope ya gets unbusy and enjoy ya weekend BP smile

I gotta take off here for awhile

28. Bard of Ely profile image77

I am down to 87 now and have never been that low, not even when I first posted here!

Just noticed the figure on my profile and the one here is different!

Even I know that is not normal for you..

29. Lisa HW profile image60

bp, a few days ago there was someone who kept posting something like, "I'm Squidward Sponge" over and over again.  Then (most likely the same person) started with "Spongeward Squid".  (I'm giving him yet more attention than he claimed for himself the day or so he was doing this.  smile  )  Then - as usual - people started telling him off because he was being a pest.  smile

Oh now I am with it. Thanks so much for filling me in, thank God I was not here and missed him. Thanks Lisa smile smile

30. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

My hubs in their 90s are back to 80s... I replied to your thread about the same topic in detail... I have seen other high ranking hubs go down as well.

31. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Mine is down to 85.  7 or so points lower than normal.  My other profile is also down considerably.  I just checked my sisters, who has been sitting at 92, and she is down to 75.  Seriously not funny.

32. Bard of Ely profile image77

If this can be done by the voting down system here it means that innocent and hard-working hubbers can have their hub status ruined quickly and what they take pride also ruined! This is very wrong!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think people voting your hubs down can have such a drastic effect. I mean - if anyone was going to fall victim of that - who do you think it would be? lol

As I understand the scoring system - it is grading on a curve, so the more likely way you will drop score is if a bunch of people "outperform" you - the hubchallenge for example - I have seen my traffic jump by about 40% since doing it, and have pretty consistently been rated at 100 or so.

This was not intentional on my part - but there are only so many in each score level - you are currently rated at 88% by the hubpages scoring system - not an intentional diss I think.

33. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Yes, mine is down too and I hate it because I worked so hard to get into the 90's!

34. profile image0

Wow Bard of Ely. I was thinking that I should write less hubs promoting products and let my esoteric side shine forth to get my hubber score up. But you do that already and a lot.

We couldn't be more different, but are having the same issue.

35. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

I think it could be the 30/30 HubChallenge, in part - I normally write 1 Hub a day, so that does not put me ahead of the folks that are dramatically increasing production to 30 or (way) more in 30 days.

Patty, I have never seen your figure so low either! Well, that's it then those of us who haven't bothered with the hub challenge are losing out because of it, it would appear! I don't have time for stuff like that. I post a lot of hubs but that's because I want to. I never get anywhere in contests so can't be bothered with them!

2. Pearldiver profile image67

OMG Patty you're an 88? Welcome to OUR World... lol

36. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

And I just noticed I forgot to list the tag "hubchallenge" in 5 of them, so added that and will see what happens.

Best wishes!

37. profile image0

Patty, I have forgotten to tag my six hubs this week with Hubchallenge as well. If I start to see your score increase I will join you in tagging. I'll be your "control group".

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Both our scores have risen a little, so the new release of Hubpages is settling, as Paul Deeds has said, I think. smile

38. Tom Cornett profile image81
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Mine dropped 10 points overnight.  Usually it would fluctuate 2 or 3 points.  Beats me?

39. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

I've been hovering between 93 and 96, and i STILL DONT KNOW what the scoring is all about! neutral

40. jcales profile image51
    jcalesposted 14 years ago

I think the scoring system is over-rated anyway. Maybe they will do away with it. Then will people still be here. I think so.

41. profile image0

At least now we know from Paul Deeds (See report a problem thread) that they rolled out something new over night and there was a "small glitch." He said things would retrun to normal. I'm still at 88 though.

42. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

mine has consistantly been stagnate at 88 or 85....despite everything I've tried. Now it's 90. Traffic is slow and comments are few. Usually traffic is high and comments too-evn with a 88. I am thinking everyone is just busy doing their challenge...

43. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I have noticed this too.  My score had a lot of flux and then seems to be stuck at 95 no matter what.  My hubscores themselves have been better than ever but my overall score hasn't changed.

Mine jumped one ,then back again , like hopskotch ,they must be still fiddlin with the programme.

2. AsherKade profile image58
      AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so true!!!

44. Stacie L profile image85
    Stacie Lposted 14 years ago

I dropped 9 points overnight after attaining the highest score in 6 months....what's going on??
    yikes

45. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Mine has never been "stable", ever.  For many months it was somewhere between 88 and 92 every time I looked.  Now (since having been more active both on the Forums and in adding Hubs) for the past 3 months or so, it seems to bounce (usually) between 92 and (very rarely) 97.

But it goes down a LOT faster than it goes up.  Sort of feels like climbing scary-carefully up an icy slope, falling on your tail and sliding down, then starting over again.

Used to obsess on it sometimes.  Now it's more like a grain of sand in a sock.

46. Shil1978 profile image87
    Shil1978posted 14 years ago

I've hit my all-time low as well, although I've not been as active as before, the last 2 weeks or so. Still don't think its been that long to justify a drop from 92-96 range to 82 that I had earlier today. Funny thing is a few hours back it jumped to 90, but now I see that its back to 83.

It was depressing at first, but I think I'd better get used to it. Don't feel like writing sometimes and can't just let the Hubscore dictate my writing.

47. trish1048 profile image67
    trish1048posted 14 years ago

Ok, my score tanked from 94 to 90 in less than one hour.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

48. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

I did 3 hubs yesterday and my score went down as well.  I guess hubpages didn't like my articles.

49. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

It has been explained here!

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I read it but it's not making sense - my hubber score is now at 32 ?!?!?!

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it is cycling. Because some hubbers who score dropped like a rock yesterday, their scores are going back up, some who weren't effected so much by it yesterday after they fixed it, began to fall. 

So maybe it will come back around.  Who know, but it does have a way of making a hubber feel unloved. sad

1. countrywomen profile image61
            countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sandy- I felt "unloved" too in a way. But everything is ok back to normal now. smile

50. Bard of Ely profile image77

Thank you for posting that link, Maddie! The mystery is solved so let's all wait for our scores to go up again and because of all this I decided I would join the hub challenge!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)