jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Hub Newbie Looking for Advice and Critique

1. pandoradaisy profile image61
    pandoradaisyposted 6 years ago

Hey I just joined today and posted two hubs also written today. I am planning to focus on health and happiness articles that will mostly be in the Self-Help category. I am also a culinary student so I have considered posting some baking, and recipe type hubs.

It would be great if someone could take a look at my two hubs that I have so far, and let me know what you think? I've gotten comments from 3 different people on my hubs once I published, is this a good amount for my first day? My hub on Minimalism got much more attention than my hub on Vegetarianism. Perhaps everyone already knows about veggies?

I welcome any advice, criticizes, and let me know if you spot a grammar mistake in my hubs!

Feel free to message me about anything. Thanks!

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

pandoradaisyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I like it here so far wink

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good I am glad to hear it. And, You're welcome smile

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I reviewed your hubs.

I suggest you read the FAQ's page and visit the Learning Center.

Both your hubs seem to be pretty good, however, I would advise adding content to both of them.

Also, I would recommend doing a little bit of research on "keywords/tags", with regards to your articles. I can tell you that you can use between 9 to 15 keywords/tags for hub content up to 1500 words and for articles longer than 1500 words you can use up to 40 keywords/tags.

Keywords/tags are search terms people will put into search engines to find your articles. Search engines are where you get your traffic from and what creates your earnings. Hubbers will visit and comment, but you most likely will not earn from them. Some hubbers do buy items from Amazon, IF of value. But, you won't find any hubbers clicking ads from Google Adsense. smile

I do hope you enjoy your time here. smile

Thanks for taking a look.

It's good to hear you think my hubs are pretty good so far. And I appreciate the information about tags, I am a little unsure of how to use them, so I'll look into how to use them.

And I will take a deeper look into the FAQ's and Learning Center. I've only browsed a few topics there so far.

2. pandoradaisy profile image61

Oh, I forgot to ask. You mentioned the amount of content in my hubs. How long, in your opinion, should a hub be?

My first hub on Minimalism is 640 words, perhaps too short?
      My second hub on Vegetarianism is a little longer at 850.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Okay, then you are good on the length. I didn't do a word count. They only appeared short. wink

Thanks anyway though, if they look short it means they are too short! My next article is a little bit longer smile

4. Lynn Luther profile image70
    Lynn Lutherposted 6 years ago

Hello, I think your hubs look good even though I am a newbie myself.

A newbie's opinion is still a valid opinion smile And you have a higher hub score than me so I'll take that as a compliment.

5. pandoradaisy profile image61
    pandoradaisyposted 6 years ago

I've added another hub this morning, and am working on writing the 4th. How am I doing so far?

working