jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Comments what is the url option for I thought it to be inappropriate

1. tamron profile image54
    tamronposted 6 years ago

To add a link to any-ones comments.  What is appropriate?  What is the rules?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I am afraid I don't understand your question. Comments on hubs do not have a link of their own. Adding links in comments you post is something you may want to be careful about. Please explain where you want to post the link and exactly to what.

3. Cagsil profile image62
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I don't leave links within comment sections, unless it is on my own hubs or authorized by other hubbers on their hubs.

I sometimes recommend a hub I've written, but only suggest a Title, so they can reference what hub I am talking about. smile

4. tamron profile image54
    tamronposted 6 years ago

There is an option when you make a comment to put a link but I always thought that is a no no!

1. Cagsil profile image62
      Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I usually do not leave links on other people's hubs, unless it is requested by the author and if it's related. wink

Edit: Some people deny comments that have links in them and some people accept them, as long as they are related/relevant to the topic of their hub. Each person has their own way of viewing it. It would be best to get their approval first than to assume it's just okay. wink

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That option is available only to visitors who are not logged into HubPages. It is then acceptable to leave the URL, which will work like a signature link, as the poster's name will be hyperlinked. For Hubbers who are logged in, the signature link is automatically inserted.

5. tamron profile image54
    tamronposted 6 years ago

Thanks for coming to my rescue again!

working