jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Hub Comments not visible

1. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 6 years ago

There's been a development today where comments on hubs and RSS feeds under the hubs are not visible. You can't even see the rating/share buttons, only the concluding paragraph of your hub. Is there any way we could fix this up??? I am using Mozilla Firefox and comments were visible 24 hours ago but aren't at present...

1. Ari Lamstein profile image77
      Ari Lamsteinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Suzanne,

I viewed 6 of your latest Hubs and was able to see the comments on all of them.  Can you please tell us which Hubs in particular you are seeing this with?

Thanks.

Ari

Suzanne Dayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Ari, thanks for replying. All of my hubs are having trouble, but in particular - try this one: http://hubpages.com/hub/Purple-Beads

Basically the page loads only the left side (blank white right column) and there are no comments or any of the Share/Voteup buttons. All I see is the end of the hub and bit of RSS, nothing else. Beginning to worry about my browser though it's not playing up in any other way. Am using Firefox version 3.5.18

Please also note that the page never stops loading, even after waiting 5 mins. My browser is not doing this on any other website, only my hubs.

1. Ari Lamstein profile image77
          Ari Lamsteinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Suzanne,

I was able to view that Hub just fine.  I'm glad that you say that the page never stops loading.  It seems to me that this is most likely the larger problem; not seeing the comments, etc. is probably just a symptom of this.

I am using Firefox 3.6.16 on a Mac.  My first recomendation is to try and upgrade your browser.  Also, what operating system and version (e.g. Mac OS 1.5, Windows Vista) are you using?

Suzanne Dayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The operating system is Windows XP Professional 2002. The strange thing is, my hubs were functioning just fine a few days ago - it has only changed to this in the past week.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Are you sure it's not an issue with your computer or browser? I can view mine fine.

Have you tried looking at lots of hubs or other people's hubs?

3. Suzanne Day profile image97

Thanks WryLilt for responding. Have double checked and the comments still aren't there. Later on today, the whole right column vanished as well, although it has come back this evening. Looks like there must be some website editing going on. I'm sure it's not my computer or browser - I have been schooled in the art of 99.9% virus deflection by IT experts with the latest and greatest virus protection software and there are no other performance issues on my computer. I'm assuming it's Hubpages playing with web editing on some servers but not others, or something like that. Anyone else have any light to shed on the situation?

4. Suzanne Day profile image97

Well, more editing abounds I think - the maps module is out this morning (there's just a blank space) and the right column is vanishing on my hubs. Comments still not visible - does anyone know if this is due to website editing at Hubpages?

working