jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

When doing alink capsule it will no longer bring up the discription

1. profile image0
    Multimanposted 6 years ago

When I go to lionk another of my sites, and ask it to give a descriptionit just is a blank and I had to enter it by pasting instead.  Somethings wrong with hubpages today.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hubs no longer include meta descriptions if you have "Calculate summary automatically" checked.  If you want a meta description you need to enter your own summary of the hub, which you can do by clicking on "summary" in the hub tool.  The meta description is what some sites use to populate the summary.

1. wilderness profile image92
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Does this mean that older hubs that had the box checked will now have no description?  Or perhaps that what is there will be "locked" in place?

I guess I'm asking if I need to check all my hubs to see if the description is there or has disappeared?

1. Cagsil profile image62
          Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hey Wilderness, it doesn't seem to be bothering older hubs.

I went to an older hub and saw a link I didn't like. I deleted it, but wanted to add another and couldn't bring up the summary for it.

So, from what I can tell, what is in place already will remain in place and anything new will have to be created(not automatic).

1. wilderness profile image92
            wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Cagsil - out of perhaps 500 instances I've probably used the automatic a dozen times, and have no idea which ones they might be.  Hated the thought of searching all of them to find only a few that might be OK all the time! smile

1. Cagsil profile image62
              Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome smile

2. Cagsil profile image62
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I just tested your problem with Firefox on one of my unpublished hubs and have run across the same problem.

The description box isn't filling itself in. hmm

1. profile image0
      Multimanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

found out when I use some sites that fill in the site  description by spidering, they dont get filled either, I wonder how this effects google's spiders?

working