I have been here for about 5 months, I started turning out Hubs about 2 months ago...I'm up to 29, which I know isn't a lot. However, my fiance only has 5 and is getting hits on Google. I haven't made a penny but I have made some off of Amazon so far. Only 16 dollars but still....I have had success on other sites and just wondering what I'm doing wrong here.
Can anyone take a look at my hubs or give me suggestions or even just inspirational stories on success. I need motivation. I can't even write a new hub over obsessing over these details. I hate hate hate failing at anything and it's start to get to me. I've had clicks on Google, but not one penny in earnings yet.
What am I doing wrong?
I am new myself to really give you any advise, but I wanted to share hugs and say hang in there.
Do not compare yourself with other hubber, that is sure way to feel bad, I know as I have done it too. You may want to post it on twitter or other social media for more traffic. Sometimes there are just hit and miss.
I read about someone who made 40 hubs and made $120 dollars in 20 days, this type of cases are far and few in between. Generally people do not make lot of money right away. Just keep doing what you are doing and hope it will work out for all of us. Hang in there.
Hey Chenderson Hang in there. I remember getting disheartened at about the same time (around 4/5 months in) and I decided to push through it and start learning from hubbers that were doing well - it was a good decision Compare your hubs to those that are doing well and see what changes you can make to improve yours.
Check out the learning centre videos on keyword research, choosing titles etc - they are great.
My experience is that longer hubs do better, so I usually go for 800 words +. I make sure my pages are optimized onpage for my keywords and as mikey says you can manipulate the capsules so that the ads are in the best places.
Feel free to drop me a line if you want any specific help
your hubs look OK to me. Give it time and you will see improvement in your earning. I hope a couple of moth later you will start getting much traffic as by that time your hubs will get aged.
your hubs look OK to me. Give it time and you will see improvement in your earning. I hope a couple of moth later you will start getting much traffic as by that time your hubs will get aged. You can post few links in extreme hubmakeover forum to get expert advice from more reputed and experienced hubbers.
Link a hub or two in the extreme hub maker forum.
Well you might as well just post the links here and a moderator will move it over.
Looking at this hub
I noticed your big problem is your adsense ad is not at the top. Instead you have Amazon ads there. If you are looking to get money off of adsense, make sure the adsense ad is in the top right of your page. Move the amazon ads and the eye picture down. That could be a huge problem.
Also it seems like you can find better keywords. You need to make your title something that can put you at the front of google's first page. I searched how to apply eye make up and yours was not up there. It is very important you find search phrases where you can get first page. Go to google and just type in phrases to where you think you would find your page, and make sure its a pretty common searched phrase.
Good luck, things will turn around!
I understand that you are depressed. In your place I would be depressed too. But that does not advance you. So, chin up! And forward!
I saw your hub. The Article is good and informative. However, I recommend the following changes:
- Search on YouTube for a video that fits the theme. Embed the video in your hub. Place it on top, or at least so that your readers see it immediately. At the bottom is not a good place for it.
- Put a picture on top. The best way you put it right next to your article beginning. (Alternatively, you can just put a video there.)
- Use a photo absolutely. On your list this hub will appear as a thumbnail and arouse curiosity.
- Distribute your article to several capsules. This provides space for Google ads.
- Amazon Place items next to your text.
- Build more text links to internal and external sites that fit the theme. In the hubs, which I looked, there were none.
- Promote your hubs. Send tweets on various community pages with http://ping.fm.
- Be more active on Hubpages. Answer questions. Ask questions. Go on alert. In this way you get more traffic. And more traffic means more money.
- Write articles on topics of great interest for many people. Use google keyword research. So you can find out if your topic is interesting for 30 people or for 30,000 people.
I think that your income should improve. If you like to earn more money, go on.
Good advice in general, but this tip above is not a good idea The best performing ad space is the square one to the right of the first text capsule, so it's best not to put a picture, video or any other capsule there. Add these elements further down the page.
- Search on YouTube for a video that fits the theme. Embed the video in your hub. Place it on top, or at least so that your readers see it immediately. At the bottom is not a good place for it-------------Not a good idea. People want to read your hub. Video can be a supporting element, not your prime focus. I personally would not place a video at least between first 300 words. Video won't help click through rate or in SEO. Video is just useful to make the hub more informative and practical.
- Put a picture on top. The best way you put it right next to your article beginning. (Alternatively, you can just put a video there.)-----------------Not a good idea. It will push the 360x250 size ads block downward. The top right is the best pace for ads to be clicked. Noway a picture there is helpful. A hub with a picture on top of it or beside the first text capsule will minimize your earning.
- Distribute your article to several capsules. This provides space for Google ads.---------------good idea. Insert at least 120 word in the first capsule so that the bigger block of ads appear beside it on the top right corner. Then a little capsule and then few more is helpful. You can inset header in the capsule with your keywords that has good impact on SEO.
- Amazon Place items next to your text.------------not right. You have to an amazon capsule and choose product for it. Amazon ads are not automated.
- Build more text links to internal and external sites that fit the theme. In the hubs, which I looked, there were none.------------does not help much. Sending a link to your personal blog, website will give you a backlink. But more than 2 outbound link to a similar domain is a TOS violation. Too many links to other content may take your reader away.
- Promote your hubs. Send tweets on various community pages with ht tp://ping.fm.-------------not needed at all. Its totally a waste of time.
- Be more active on Hubpages. Answer questions. Ask questions. Go on alert. In this way you get more traffic. And more traffic means more money.---------optional. Being effective you can learn many thing and get internal readers but the internal readers won't click your ads.
- Write articles on topics of great interest for many people. Use google keyword research. So you can find out if your topic is interesting for 30 people or for 30,000 people.----------Find high traffic low competition keywords with keyword research.
You are getting some good advice. I am glad you posted your question because I can use some of the tips you are getting, too. The only thing I can add is, "It takes time."
by Karen Wilton 10 years ago
I've been on here for 9 months and followed all the advice from the learning centre, forums and hubs from the best hubbers. I earned the first $24.00 in the first month and I'm only $1.00 ahead for the next eight. What am I doing wrong? All help will be greatfully received.
by Eric Dockett 7 years ago
Over the past two+ years I’ve really put a lot of effort into learning SEO and how to produce content that has some hope of success here on HubPages. It was hard work and frustrating at times, but it really paid off. So let me preface this by saying by no means am I dissatisfied with my...
by Aurelio Locsin 10 years ago
I posted some articles here about three years ago and came back to write a few more.I noticed that my previous three articles have almost no traffic (about 600 hits).As far as I can tell, I've written them and my current ones correctly with interesting topics, good grammar, links, photos, polls,...
by helenathegreat 13 years ago
By browsing around, it seems like everyone else on here is making so much money. I'm still relatively new, and I promise I looked back in the forums at what everyone else has said in response to these questions before.But I can't seem to make anything at all! I've been linking on...
by StephanPoe 6 years ago
Hello fellow hubbers. I'm new in Hubpages, 2 weeks to be more precise. I've written 6 hubs, 4 of them are featured, 1 of them is recent and still waiting for approval and the other one was not featured. I would like, if possible, some feedback on what I am doing right and what I'm doing wrong....
by Rebecca Furtado 7 years ago
The one thing that irks me about Hubpages is a lack of practical feedback. I love everything else. I love the tools we have to create hubs. I think mine look acceptable, but I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. Part of me just enjoys putting together the posts. Yet, I am out of work...
Copyright © 2021 Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. HubPages® is a registered trademark of Maven Coalition, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|