jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is Alexa ranking Important for a site

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 6 years ago

I have seen Alexa ranking of Hubpages drop from 174 to 190 after the Google Algo Changes i.e. in about one and half months. Does Alexa ranking hold any significance or it is not that important.

sid_candidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just to add the latest Alexa ranking of Hubpages has dropped further and now stands at 192. Is this alarming?

2. andromida profile image76
      andromidaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Though alexa ranking is not correct, but it is a very good indicator to get an idea about traffic of a site in comparison to other sites.I've seen in my personal site that its ranking goes up and down according to the rise and fall of traffic.Alexa rank 192 is not alarming at all, I think hubpages ranking will bounce back.

1. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have to disagree with you here. I managed a website for several years whose main competitor had an Alexa ranking much, much higher than ours, but about one-half the traffic (and earnings).

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

It's a flag in the wind at best. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

sid_candidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your response Ironher. Hubpages Ranking has dropped almost 20 places since the Google changes back in Feb so thought should share and discuss on i with fellow hubbers.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Good question, Sid Candid, very relevant. Irohner is right, I think, even though there may be some loss of prestige.

4. thisisoli profile image53
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Alexa is jsut an indicator, it is not even an accurate indicator since it for the most part only tracks people using the Alexa Toolbar.

This means that tech sites are favoured heavily by the alexa rankings system.

5. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 6 years ago

I think it is important indicator for the traffic to any sites. Further better alexa ranking means google more frequently visit to the site.

working