jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)

Anybody seen this website that searches hubs unofficially?

1. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

I noticed one or two sites like this that promote searching for our hubs..how it happened is I linked my Twitter with my phone and it came up mentioning that I'd been mentioned in a tweet..do you think someone is earning by tweeting our hubs?

http://hubs.tk/

1. stuff4you profile image66
      stuff4youposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like one great big back link for Hub Pages. I just visited it - simple concept, easy to use.

2. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

I don’t know, but congrats on the 500! smile

Richieb799posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Paradigm, I hope to reach at least 270 hubs by the time I get home in 10 days..as you can see from my recent hub I have done quite a bit of sightseeing!

3. rebekahELLE profile image89
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

That is Hub Search.Net. It tweets many links directly to our hubs.   
    There is one tweeting/retweeting hubs with a tracker that doesn't work. The person has an account and thread here requesting Twitter URL's.

That is really quite a site he has formed, but links do direct to our hubs.

so he's using his tracker on other peoples hubs? somehow that seems wrong lol

1. lrohner profile image81
        lrohnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's the whole point of trackers though. I think whoever came up with that is pretty darn smart.

2. sunforged profile image77
        sunforgedposted 6 years agoin reply to this

How so?

1. sunforged profile image77

But its just a custom search, no way to stick trackers in through google

I have the same custom search in place in the 60dc/online writers toolbar. It blows away the functionality of the in site HP search.

1. Rosie2010 profile image78
            Rosie2010posted 6 years agoin reply to this

sunforged, is this good or bad for us.  I don't understand the concept.  If they tweet our hubs, don't we get traffic from it?  If that is so, that's good, isn't it?

1. sunforged profile image77

promotion is good .

I dont know anything about whether they tweet our hubs, but thats ok if they do and its ok if they do using a tracker.

I was pointing out that the search page doesnt insert trackers in, although it would be fine if it did.

I cant imagine it gets much use or sends much traffic, but its cool if it does.

It all adds up.

1. wheelinallover profile image78
                wheelinalloverposted 6 years agoin reply to this

In a sense who ever started the site is right. His idea of searching hub pages first is a great idea.

The answers to many questions are at our fingertips by many writers here covering about every subject under the sky, and a few who go beyond it. I bookmarked it and plan on using it.

I have a blog going right now that I have no intention of putting my url on until certain things happen, so am using other hubbers urls probably for about a month. In my case to prove I am able to do what I promise I have to be paid for my efforts first.

With this search engine I should be able to find the hubs I am looking for without hours of searching. In this sense his program is helping get trackable people to hubpages.

3. rebekahELLE profile image89
        rebekahELLEposted 6 years agoin reply to this

no, he is not the one using a tracker. The account seems legit to me. If you're on Twitter, he has probably tweeted your hub. I had his name wrong up there.. it is HubSearchDotNet.

Another Twitter account HubPagesHottest, I believe, (something like that) uses a tracker that doesn't work. I've sent a few messages, but to no avail. Sometimes hubbers insert trackers improperly.

4. camlo profile image89
    camloposted 6 years ago

Every time I click on the link, I get a server error.

Thats funny Cam, its working now :S

1. camlo profile image89
        camloposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes - I just went to take a look. I'm not sure I understand the point of it. Do you think it'll do us any good?

working