jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Writing Contest

1. Jlbowden profile image90
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

Hi:

When you submit an article for a writing contest, will it be entered exclusively for the Hubpages contest team to view. Or will others be able to read this Hub as well, who are not connected with judging the different articles for the contest? I'm curious, because I did enter writing contest as a tag, along with a few other tags as well. Thanks for your feedback with this topic.

Jlbowden

1. paradigmsearch profile image94
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good question. I'd always assumed the whole planet could immediately see the hub.

If no one contradicts that, then you have your answer. smile

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The only way to submit it is to publish it. Once published, it is - well - publicly available.

1. camlo profile image88
        camloposted 6 years agoin reply to this

And visible for all and sundry ...

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

HubPages has not become an Intranet, yet, right?

1. camlo profile image88
            camloposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Not quite.

2. WryLilt profile image85
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Your hub will work the same as every other hub - it will be viewable by other members as well as search engines.

The entire point of the contest is to write in a niche that will bring decent traffic, so if you've done well you'll hopefully get quite a few views!

3. Rosie2010 profile image77
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

It's just writing any other hub, except you add the "writingcontest" tag to it.  I don't suppose I could win as the judges' choice as there are much better hubs than mine and there are so many great writers here in HP, and I am not one of them. lol   But I add the tag in almost all the hubs I write this month, as everyday aside from the judges' choice, there is also the daily draw. So far, no luck tho' smile

Jlbowdenposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hello Rosie, Webexaminer and all the other Hubbers here.

Thank you for answering my question about writing contests so quickly. I greatly appreciate it. I'm still fairly new to hubpages and will have a few more questions or issues with items on Hubpages that are unclear to me. So keep a look out for more posts with questions from me. Thanks again for all of your feedback once again.

Jlbowden

1. Rosie2010 profile image77
        Rosie2010posted 6 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome.  Just ask.

Jlbowdenposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Rosie:

In the future, I will do just that and won't be shy about it. Thanks much!

Jim

working