jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Hubpages Referral Tracker

1. Jlbowden profile image83
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

Hi:

I still don't quite understand how to copy and paste my unique Referral tracker. It seems simple enough, but for some reason, when I am in the edit mode of my profile page, I try to paste it there beneath or on top line of my profile in a separate line. When I place it there, and click done editing, it is not highlighted in blue for people to click on. I would like to place it on my profile page, so I can sign up a few friends. Please give me some further direction on the referral tracker and what I may be doing wrong. As always, fellow hubbers, thanks for all of your feedback.

Jlbowden

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

In edit mode on your profile page, type something like "Click here to sign up" or whatever text you want to show. Then click and drag with your mouse to highlight the text.

Look up on the toolbar menu and you should see a little chain icon. That's used to hyperlink text. So click on that and enter:

http://hubpages.com/_YourTracker/user/new

and then hit enter or click done or whatever it asks for.

(Using your tracker code, of course, instead of what I have.)

That's it!

1. Jlbowden profile image83
      Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh so that's how it's done. It sounds a bit trickier than it seems, but really is not. Now I've seen what I've bee doing wrong for the past three months. Sorry I didn't start asking questions a bit sooner!  thanks again Irohner.

Jl

1. Rosie2010 profile image75
        Rosie2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad you got your referral tracker working.  See, all you need to do is ask.  Now tell your friends to sign up through your profile page.  Have fun!

3. Jlbowden profile image83

Hi Rosie:

Thanks for the feedback and extra bit of enthusiasm in reference to my prior question. I can't wait to paste the referral tracker there and start referring others. Thanks again!

Jl

1. Rosie2010 profile image75
      Rosie2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're very welcome.  Just make sure you use your own tracker code. smile

4. Jlbowden profile image83

I certainly will use that tracking code and paste it on my profile page. Thanks again Rosie!

Jl

working