jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Watermarked photos from a free photo site, why is there a problem?

1. Bible Studies profile image78
    Bible Studiesposted 6 years ago

I have had a hub unpublished because I have used two photos from www.freefoto.com. In their terms it says I can use the photos as long as I give a link back, which I did. They are watermarked freefoto.com, and underneath I have from www.freefoto.com.

Most of my pictures are from free sources. This one just happens to be a very good source. It is hard to find decent free photos and graphics to use.

I did ask them a question about it, but is any one else having problems using photos from a free source also? Do I need to put their terms and conditions in the photo description saying I have can use their photos?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're not supposed to use the watermarked image - you're supposed to click the "download" button to get a watermark-free version.  The watermarked image is displayed on the website, just so you can see what it looks like.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

You can use watermarked images. Just not on Hubpages. hmm

1. wheelinallover profile image81
      wheelinalloverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good pictures are getting hard to find. Some of mine are from .gov sites and they seem to be OK. I have one which shows a mark right in the middle of the picture, so far hub pages hasn't said anything. The picture is closely related to what the hub is about. Hours of searching hasn't produced anything close to that picture so for now it stays, until I get told to take it down.
      As far as I know the best place to find freeware pictures is Microsoft office 2007. I think most of mine are from there.
      I had an idea something like this was coming so I bought a new digital camera. None of the pictures I have taken are on hubs yet but I plan on changing out anything I have a question in my mind about soon. I noticed too that freeware pictures are getting harder to find and it often takes longer to find a suitable picture than it does to write several hubs.

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have written tons of hubs that do not have pictures related to it's content. wink

3. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Yes, I did have three of my hubs being pulled down for the same reason. No, listing those conditions may not help, I had asked the same questions, but the answer was watermarked pictures are not allowed.
    I am finding it increasing difficult to find pictures that are good and are not water marked, I seem to spend more time getting pictures than writing Hubs. I hope we do find a good source to get good pictures that are not watermarked.

4. Bible Studies profile image78
    Bible Studiesposted 6 years ago

I'll just pull the two pictures then. It won't look as good, but unless I stumble on something else worthy to put there, it will have to look a little bare.

So far that is the only hub they pulled. It is the same hub I had a warning for another reason. I was told it was a pre-warning, and that I would be ok. It looked informative, and well put together.

I'll see how it goes from here.

1. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Best wishes to you smilesmile

5. AEvans profile image66
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

Try www.freedigitalphotos.net read the guidelines and the pics are not watermarked, you can also join for free. They don't have a bad selection but it is just a suggestion. smile I am working on hubs too. smile

1. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do use the pics from there , but they are so limited. Thank you so much, I appreciate that.

2. Bible Studies profile image78
      Bible Studiesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, bookmarked the site.

working