jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Suggested links button

1. profile image0
    CollBposted 6 years ago

Hi,

I've just recently found that when I click on the 'suggested link' button, no words in my article are highlighted for me to click on and then to link to other hubbers' works on Hubpages.

Is the 'suggested links' button functioning fully?

Thanks in advance for any help and tips.

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There have been some problems reported on these threads, I suggest that you do write to the hubpage staff about this

1. profile image0
        CollBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi sofs, yes I'll do that thanks as I find the 'suggest links' a really good tool.  Thanks again.

1. sofs profile image86
          sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was trying to put a link to that thread,... but I cant seem to find it ..  Glad to help... sad but this is no real help though.

1. profile image0

No, thanks for your help as I've just contacted hubpages to say I can't see any suggested words link to link to hubs using that word!  : )

2. Daffy Duck profile image60
      Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When you click on the suggested links button it will not highlight words for you.  You cannot highlight words and then click on the suggested links button.

You have to first click on the suggested links button and then select a word or phrase (no longer than 6 words).  Then it will give you links to add in and only then.  Sometimes there will be no links it will suggest.

3. profile image0

Yes thanks all!  It really sounds like a good change and I'll try this new tool out now - I feel all excited like a newbie in writing!!

2. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

Heya!  We've actually updated the linking tool (I need to update our Learning Center entry on it- doing that today) so that it actually doesn't highlight words anymore, but rather requires you to highlight the words for you'd like to see suggested links.

So just turn on the tool, highlight a word, and go for it!   big_smile

3. K9keystrokes profile image92
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

It actually is a really good change in my opinion! it lets the author choose those hubs that he/she likes best rather than being locked into what gets generated as appropriate links. After using it a couple of times, I think it is an awesome revision! Thanks HP team!

4. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Simone thank you for letting us know..I agree with K9keystrokes that this is neat improvement smile

5. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

Although I had stopped using the "suggested links" a while ago, I find this new method of linking so much better.  It even gives you the option if you just want your own hubs or all hubs to choose from.  Great idea!  Thanks HP.

working