jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Need help, please!

1. workingmomwm profile image85
    workingmomwmposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in some kind of technical issue forum, but here's the deal: one of my hubs is showing a broken link. This is the hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Writing-a-Novel … in-30-Days

The broken link is to one of my own hubs (in the link list at the bottom): Make Your Own Beaded Jewelry. I've checked the link a few times now, and each time the Hub tool says the link is okay. Then I save the capsule and click "done editing" and go back to my account, and it still shows as a broken link.

Can somebody visit the hub and tell me if you're seeing it as a broken link or if you're able to click through ok? Thanks!

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Workingmom,

The link you were talking about works.

workingmomwmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Okay. Thanks. That's what I thought. I don't know why it's showing up as broken.

3. earnestshub profile image89
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I had the same thing happen, notified of a potentially broken link which was to a related hub of mine, and the link worked. I just de-linked it rather than find out why it was deemed "potentially broken" smile

Huh. Weird! I guess I could try that ... No link at all is better than a potentially broken one, I guess.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

I had something similar happen on a Hub of mine, only the link was an external one. I left it for weeks thinking it would come 'live' again on it's own. It didn't! Eventually I searched out the website on Google again, and it was working perfectly, so I simply deleted the original link on my hub, and started again, posted the exact same link in my links section, and it worked just fine! Try it smile

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

There is something wrong with the broken links software and it has been broken for a while. For a long time, daily I had to ask it to recheck supposedly broken links to Amazon UK. That seems to have stopped, but it seems that something else is broken now.

Workingmom, have you asked the software to recheck the spposedly broken link?

My account ~> Broken Links ~> recheck?

Thanks, Izzy. I didn't know to do that. I just did it, and it worked. No more broken link!

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'nm pretty sure it's another recent new feature with all the changes, that we didn't get told about.

But it's handy to know smile

Yes, definitely - especially if the broken link software is going to be so glitchy.

working