jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Internal vs. external links in Hubs

1. profile image0
    Frank Sanelloposted 6 years ago

I find HubPages' internal link suggestions seriously lacking in scope and relevance.

Why are we only allowed two external links per Hub?

If you agree with me that more external links are necessary, please let the powers that be at HubPages know. Thanks.

Frank Sanello

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As Website Examiner said, you can have up to two outgoing links to any one domain.

That means that in a single hub, you can have two links to your blog, two links to squidoo, two links to youtube and so on...

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Apparently, you don't know the rules. The rule is no more than two external links going to the same domain. You can link to multiple external domains, as long as they are relevant to the contents, and no more than two links to the same domain.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

1. profile image0
      Frank Sanelloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Examiner, for your excellent clarification. I've printed out your information for future reference.

Frank Sanello

3. Peter Owen profile image60
    Peter Owenposted 6 years ago

I would assume because Hubpages is a business and the intent is to keep people reading within the business. More outside links just directs people elsewhere. Where is the business sense in that.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Apparently, you don't understand the rules either. HubPages are very liberal compared with many other sites, Ezines being just one example.

1. Peter Owen profile image60
        Peter Owenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Won't be the first or last time I'm wrong.

2. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are partly right, Peter.

Hubkarma and the link suggestion tool (which I never use) are just a way to increase the internal link structure and lower the bounce rate of visitors.

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Frank Sanello, you are very welcome.

working