jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Editing/Saving problems

1. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago

Hi everyone,

Yesterday evening, a number of people posted that their Hubs were not autosaving, or the screen would go gray when they tried to save. Paul Deeds and Fawntia were looking into it last night but were unable to replicate the problem. I tried on my Mac last night and wasn't able to either.

Are folks still having this problem?

If so, please let us know (in this thread, or privately via email if you prefer) the following so we can try to replicate the problem on our end:
    - exactly what you were trying to do when you experienced your problem
    - what problem appeared
    - what browser you're using
    - what version of the browser you're using
    - what platform you're using (PC or Mac)

Thank you!

1. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had it in Chrome earlier today(grey screen stuck). Chrome has been weird for me for a few days, though.

Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Will. Do you know how long you were editing, and which Capsule you were using? I'm on Chrome on a PC (Win 7) here at the office and haven't been able to replicate it editing a Text Capsule yet.

2. lilibees profile image61
      lilibeesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am I am unable to do just about everything in the text capsule. No spell check, no pressing enter to start a new paragraph and at some points I can't even begin to type.

We think the problem is now fixed; could you restart your browser and try it again, lilibees?

3. breakfastpop profile image85
      breakfastpopposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dear Jason,

I wrote my hub and hit save. The screen went grey and froze. My work was lost.  I have a MAC. I tried to write the hub 3 times and all 3 times I lost my work. Please help!

breakfastpop: Did this happen in the last couple of hours? Did you restart your browser? If you restarted your browser and you still had this problem within the last 3 hours, please let me know.

2. CJ Andrews profile image86
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

It doesn't seem to matter the length of time for me.  I am using Chrome 11.0.696.71. 

So far issue seems to be "Format" doesn't change, if I change the format to paragraph it does allow editing and saving.  But I have to do this twice.

Same with adding a link, have to hit update and then hit update again for it to take.

It is with the new text capsule as well.  The old one people are saying they don't have an issue. 

I just posted hub with three "fixes" on it.  I will try to update chrome and see if that fixes anything since I haven't updated for a bit.

3. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago

Hey all,

Mark Painter just let me know that he believes he identified the problem and corrected it. Would you mind restarting your browsers and see if the problem persists?

4. CJ Andrews profile image86
    CJ Andrewsposted 6 years ago

Worked great, also updating the browser might have helped.

5. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

Seems fixed. It took pre-formatted Word text as well as normal text entry.

6. lilibees profile image61
    lilibeesposted 6 years ago

ooooh fixed thanks guys!

working