jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Issue with Hubpages search using Safari on the iPhone

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

Has anyone experienced Safari on an iPhone 4 crashing when attempting to do a search from a hub?. I experienced Safari crashing after attempting to search for a Hubbers, from the search facility from a hub. For anyone at HQ reading this and would like to attempt to recreate the crash, I did the following;

Using mobile mode on Hubpages in Safari (not the app), went into the forums, selected a hyper link to bring up a users hub, attempted a search within the hub, then bingo, Safari crashed then closed down. I have an iPhone 4 with the current update being 4.3.3

1. ezhang profile image
      ezhangposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Jase, I tried replicating this bug and was unable to do so. Are you consistently able to see this happen?

What I tried:

1. Opening a hub (in Safari on iPhone 4.3)
      2. Clicking on the magnifying glass on the top-right of the page (I'm assuming that's what you mean by search)
      3. Type in "Hubpages"
      4. Click "Go"

Thanks for your feedback.

Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Edward,

What you have outlined here works OK;

1. Opening a hub (in Safari on iPhone 4.3)
        2. Clicking on the magnifying glass on the top-right of the page (I'm assuming that's what you mean by search)
        3. Type in "Hubpages"
        4. Click "Go"

Tried opening a hub from a hyperlink in the forums, then doing steps 1 to 4, then Safari crashes. Hope this helps and thanks for looking into this.

Regards

1. ezhang profile image

Hey Jase,

I tried clicking on a hub link from the forum thread here:
          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/77137

Then I repeated the steps outlined above... and I could not get Safari to crash on my iPhone.

Hopefully this issue isn't very widespread. The problem could (possibly) come from Safari on your iPhone. It may help to restart your phone, and see if the issue persists.

Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey again Edward,

After following the steps as you outline and repeating after turning off the phone, then on again, I am unable to replicate my initial issue.

I am putting this down to a possible singular bad cookie or slightly corrupted browser code at the time if the original event.

So I would say yes, I doubt other users will find this, as I was just unlucky once.

Again thanks for your assistance and the time you have spent looking into this.

1. ezhang profile image

I suspect you are right, the problem may have been caused by some bad data.

Thanks for taking the time to report the bug. Lets hope it doesn't happen again smile

working