jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Is there a way to write a description for you hub?

1. smanty profile image68
    smantyposted 6 years ago

On many writing sites, they give you the option to write a description of your site that will show up in the Google search link, or other links that you post. I have not seen that with Hubpages, and I have to put a description of the link every time I post it somewhere, like in the link capsule in a hub.

Any Help?

Thanks!

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The summary box gives your hub a meta tag description. If you need a description for backlinking elsewhere, write a new unique summary each time. Google hates duplicate content unless you are a newsfeed, apparently.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

You'll locate the summary box, under settings, while in edit mode.

3. smanty profile image68
    smantyposted 6 years ago

Thank you so much! I am going to go through all of my hubs tonight and add a summary. I hope it helps me with views smile

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Trust me, it will, remember to use your main keywords in the summary box too.

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's an option. Google and other search engines, take about 100-150 words from your first couple of paragraphs.

Maybe you could alter your first couple of paragraphs and ensure that they are keyword rich. smile

1. Ritsos profile image62
        Ritsosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That doesn't necessarily work ... google seems to include the 'tweet this' kind of info . much better to use the summary

working