jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Amazon Ad Selection Help

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Recently I created a Hub about trees and air conditioners.  Certain trees can have a decidedly ugly effect upon the performance of an air conditioner.  I should know, it's only my career I'm talking about here.

Somehow. . . .Hubpages moderators decided that my article about. . . .trees and air conditioners, didn't match the amazon ads about. . . .trees and air conditioners.

So, because my very high reading comprehension level is obviously not in tune with the natural and business world enough to see that a hub about trees and air conditioners SHOULD NOT have amazon ads about trees and air conditioners on the hub (which was about. . .trees and air conditioners)-the perhaps Hubpages moderators should tell us all. . .just exactly what amazon ads that THEY THINK we could or should run on an article about TREES AND AIR CONDITIONERS.

Obviously, they know more about what matches what than the people who've spent the last TWENTY YEARS doing various and sundry trades.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image77
      CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it does make you wonder if they read the hub?

Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think they could possibly have read the hub.  I seriously wonder if the moderator in question can read at all.

2. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Definitely contact the HubTeam about this to ask them what's going on, and why?  Could it have to do with tags you have used with the Hub?

I've no idea.  They didn't bother to say why they thought that amazon ads about trees and air conditioners didn't fit into a hub about trees and air conditioners.  I suppose it's because there is no logic to their. . . .failure to comprehend or appreciate logic.

I've wrote to them twice about it - but I got so angry that at least one of them couldn't possibly have been a useful message.

I'm going to try again though - but I have little faith that a logical answer or reply could ensue from a total lack of logic.

3. Aficionada profile image91
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Could it have been an automated message - one that wasn't generated by a human at all?

4. kentuckyslone profile image82
    kentuckysloneposted 6 years ago

I think if you contact the staff they will deal with it very quickly. http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

Hey Thanks for that link, it's always easier for someone like me to do something when I don't have to look around to do it.  I'm going to contact them again right this second!

5. kentuckyslone profile image82
    kentuckysloneposted 6 years ago

Meant to say "I would think.."

I have dealt with them myself and they seemed helpful

working