jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

What is going on here?

1. nate5050 profile image60
    nate5050posted 6 years ago

Over the last week or two my traffic has plummeted to the point where im getting hardly 30 views per day across my three accounts (100 articles). Just a few weeks ago I was making $5-$8 per day here but now its just pennies. Did something happen with Google or something?

1. kmackey32 profile image62
      kmackey32posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Did u transfer to the subdomain?

2. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 6 years ago

I haven't been around for a while.  What's the subdomain?  I see my views have plumeted completely!

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

http://cindyvine.hubpages.com/

Hey Cindy,

See your link above...and see how your username is first? That's because your account has been moved to a sub-domain. Now your account works and earns based on your ability.

Promotion, backlinking, on page SEO and very little juice from HP.

Many accounts were automatically switched and will continue to be automatically switched via HP staff.

HP thinks it will help the site's overall ability to rank on Google and each person is now based on their own authority, and not on the authority of the overall site.

1. nate5050 profile image60
        nate5050posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wow I had no idea.

Thank you.

1. kmackey32 profile image62
          kmackey32posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yea what Cags said...lol

3. cindyvine profile image84
    cindyvineposted 6 years ago

Thanks so much!  So if I don't promote my hubs then my views will just remain the same.  This means I'll have to work harder now?

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Cindy, all your hubs need to be re-indexed and then you'll get more views based on the keywords in the content. Promoting them would be more helpful. You just won't be receiving the "juice" you received in the past from HP.

Your profile and hubs will stand on their own credibility and value. I hope that helps.

1. Cardisa profile image93
        Cardisaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Since I switched to sub-domain I have been doing much better, even hubs that were kinda dormant are now showing red flags.

working