jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

The web address you specified has already been taken

1. blackstuff profile image61
    blackstuffposted 6 years ago

I may be being stupid here, but if Hubpages has now moved onto subdomains, of which mine is http://blackstuff.hubpages.com/hub/... how can I be getting a message to say "The web address you specified has already been taken. Please try another one."

Surely all the URLs are now unique? As they should have been in the first place. I can't believe that I can't paste a hub with a particular title, just because someone has posted one with that name in the past. That's just ridiculous?

How is that supposed to encourage people to be precise and concise if the vast majority of obvious, honest, straightforward titles have already been posted?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image79
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think I understand what you're asking.  Since we've set up the old Hub URLs to redirect to the new URLs on subdomains, the section after /hub/ still needs to be unique.  This may not be ideal, but it's better than Hubbers losing all their old backlinks.

blackstuffposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Aaaah. I see. So instead of my take on 'How to get stains out of Carpet', I might need to express it as 'Facilitating the removal of blemishes from floor coverings' or something? *sigh*

1. Maddie Ruud profile image79
          Maddie Ruudposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Your title can be the same as another Hub on HubPages, but you will have to alter the URL to be unique.

blackstuffposted 6 years agoin reply to this

OK, thanks for your help.

2. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Your post is over an hour-and-a-half old and still no response. smile Apparently others are as nonplussed as I am. smile

You can publish same titles as others since theirs/yours are under theirs/your own unique domain names.

No, you can’t publish duplicate titles under the same subdomain name.

If neither of the above applies, then yes there is a glitch going on. That, or HP has entered a whole new realm. smile

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

All you need is a one character difference.  There are fairly subtle ways of doing that.

working