jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Reply to Comments

1. Whimsical Chair profile image43
    Whimsical Chairposted 6 years ago

Looks like there's no way to technically reply to comments.  I guess to respond to a comment, you just submit a new one.

1. AEvans profile image66
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is correct smile

Whimsical Chairposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you AEvans for responding.

2. Sally's Trove profile image85
      Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

After becoming a recent Facebook user under pressure from friends and family (I really didn't want to be there!) I found that I enjoyed the "like" thing. So maybe someone would make a comment to a post of mine, or maybe they would only click "like". When they clicked "like", at least I'd know they were reading and responding, in the limited time so many have, and therefore acknowledging what I said.

I don't know if that's what you were thinking, Whimsical Chair, but I wouldn't mind a "like" feature on HP, where you could make your presence known and acknowledge the worth of a Hub without having to write a comment.

Yes, there is the vote up or down feature and the opinions features like funny, awesome, and so on, but if you click only on them, the author doesn't know who made those votes and opinions.

HP seems to be sitting on a fence between old-fashioned blog structure and social networking structure. It's an interesting place to be and to watch.

1. Aficionada profile image91
        Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Like"  smile

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

And, how did you think you would respond to a comment?

That is the purpose of the comment section of a hub. Some people put a comment box on their hub, but don't reply to any comments. Some people reply to only a handful of comments.

And, then there are people like myself, who replies to all comments left on a hub.

Btw- technically, post a comment via the comment box, is a reply. If you want to respond to a specific person, then use the @ and their Name.

@Cagsil would work if you're responding to a comment I left. This works when you have more than one comment you are responding to. If you are responding to one comment, then there's no need for the @ symbol. You can just post your comment.

I make it easy when I reply. I always include the name of the person, by first thanking them(including their name) for reading and commenting. wink

1. AEvans profile image66
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smile Politically correct! tongue

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is politically correct? There's nothing in my statement that is politically correct. It's common etiquette of the online world. tongue

2. Whimsical Chair profile image43

Thank you Cagsil for spending a lot of time to respond to my post.  I plan to respond to all comments left on my article.  It looks better that way.  It's my personal taste that I don't like using @.  I would just say, "Hey you."  Just kidding.  I just would respond by mentioning their name first and then a comma before stating my comment(s).

3. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!  I just read your first Hub, very impressive!  One of the best parts about HubPages is the community, and it's great to know that someone is reading your Hubs.  Responding to comments and leaving meaningful comments on other Hubbers' Hubs is a great way to be involved.  Glad you are here!

Thank you Robin for reading, commenting, and complimenting on my Hub.  Also, thank you for the warm welcome.

1. Robin profile image
        Robinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your welcome!  We are glad you are here!  smile

working