jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Duplicate

1. tillsontitan profile image87
    tillsontitanposted 6 years ago

I am really confused about duplicate.  I just posted a hub that was marked duplicate.  When I was looking for links there were none on hub pages so I don't understand how this can be a duplicate.

I would really appreciate any help or guidance I can get so this doesn't happen again.  This is the second time I've had a hub marked duplicate and I really don't understand why.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is there a copy of that hub somewhere else on the net?  Or even a copy of large portions of it, such as quotes?

Duplication has nothing to do with links - it just means that it (or a good portion of it) is published somewhere else.  It is a duplicate of another article.

2. tillsontitan profile image87

Thanks wilderness.  I guess using quotes from another site makes it a duplicate?

A small amount of quotations is quite acceptable, but when a good portion of the hub is "lifted" from somewhere else in the form of quotes (whether attributed to the author or not) it will cause the hub to be considered duplicate.

There doesn't seem to be a set percentage, but I get the impression that if 30% of the hub is quotes it is really pushing the limit.

There are other possibilities as well: the blurbs in an amazon hub or possibly photo captions are copies published elsewhere; look for anything that is a direct copy of other work.  Link capsules will contain blurbs from other hubs.  It can all add up and become touchy if the hub is short.

3. tillsontitan profile image87

Thanks wilderness.  Didn't think that was the case but I'll make changes and see what happens.  I appreciate your help.

You're welcome.  Good luck getting it fixed.

working