jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Can somebody help with a technical hitch? Thanks!

1. Nell Rose profile image93
    Nell Roseposted 6 years ago

Every time that I try and put a link into my hub in the text capsule,in other words, highlight a word or phrase and click on the link icon, instead of bringing up the url box to choose which hub to link it to, I keep getting a message box come up with something that says, 'your popup is blocked from hubpages, please go and sort it out, or words to that affect. I have clicked on 'tools' and gone to pop up blocker, and even tried to write in Hubpages accept, but its no good, I have no idea what I am doing, any ideas? thanks in advance.

1. AEvans profile image79
      AEvansposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I believe someone from HP will be answering you soon. smile That is a very valid question. smile

Nell Roseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi, thanks I am not sure if its my computer or hubpages

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image99
          Gordon Hamiltonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I added a link in this way ten minutes ago, Nell, and didn't have any problems. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

2. SimeyC profile image97
      SimeyCposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Did you update your browser (or use a new one) or update/change your anti-virus program? I know I had to reset a lot of settings when I went from IE7 to IE9 - the same thing happened on various versions of Firefox.

Have you tried using a different browser?

Thanks guys, it does sound like its my stupid pc! I haven't changed anything unless I pressed something that I shouldn't! lol I will try and investigate it, wish it had been hubpages at least I know it would have got sorted! not much good at this sort of thing, wish me luck!

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image99
          Gordon Hamiltonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good luck! Just a thought... I remember when I worked in the bank and I used to call our central helpdesk for technology issues, their first question was almost always, "Have you switched it off and back on again?" Maybe rebooting your PC would help? smile

Hi, I did restore point and switched off and started again, so I will go and have another go, thanks for your help

2. Nell Rose profile image93

It worked! if anything gets stuck and doesn't work, go to your 'computer icon' and just do restore! then reboot! phew! thanks for all your help

3. Nell Rose profile image93

Arggghhh! its done it again! now I am stuck!

4. Nell Rose profile image93

Arggghhh! its done it again! now I am stuck!

1. SimeyC profile image97
      SimeyCposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Does it allow you to 'edit html' - simply replace the 'text' with the following:

Instead of LINK_TEXT type:

<a href="www.reallink.com">LINK_TEXT</a>

Replace the www with the one you want - and the LINK_TEXT with the word...

Thanks I will give it a go

working