jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

3 or 6 eBay ads?

1. kirsib profile image55
    kirsibposted 5 years ago

I am assuming HB pays you more if clicker buys the product so should you minimize eBay ads to one or two and never use six? Or not? Thoughts?

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I think that you are limited to the number you can use anyways. It's more along the lines of the same rules that apply to Amazon?

If I'm wrong then hopefully someone else will correct me. But, if not, then you're allowed 1 Ad for every 50 words of content. smile

1. kirsib profile image55
      kirsibposted 5 years ago in reply to this

well most mine are allowed to have 6 but I'm thinking maybe shrinking it might get more hits? Ebay often has similar content anyway....

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is indeed a problem.  With the limitations of the capsule we have it often shows several identical items.

I can't really answer your question, though, and I would like to see someone more familiar with using eBay give us some advice.

2. wilderness profile image95

That's right, and if I remember correctly the sum of eBay and Amazon must fit the same requirements - 50 words per link.

3. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

You can use as many as you think fits your marketing strategy best.

Personally I only use one ebay product per capsule most of teh time, and have it slap bang next to one Amazon item for camparisson. Give the readers a chocie, it helps.

1. wilderness profile image95

At this point that's how I handle it as well.  The stuff I "sell" is mostly junk on eBay, but it's cheap as well - that gives the reader a choice between cheap junk or expensive quality.  Depending on my expected use I will use either cheap or quality - I figure many people are that way.

working