jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

The Summary

1. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 6 years ago

Where does the summary go???? Who sees it????? I always write one, but does it just float around in cyberspace somewhere???Thanks.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
      Hollie Thomasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It should appear under the title of your hub in google results for the search. If that makes any sense?

1. SimeyC profile image97
        SimeyCposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes it does - if you don't put a summary, Google will often pick up a random part of your hub, that can include an ebay module or amazon module - adding the summary ensures that the searcher sees something relevant!

1. sofs profile image82
          sofsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Even with the summary Google picks up Amazon titles and lines in which the keywords appear. But with a keyword rich summary your hubs have a higher chance of being picked up and thrown up higher in a search result.

But where do the summaries GO?? I had written summaries for a few hubs but they are still showing A and the summaries are not there.. anyone else with this problem ??

Sofs: there's a new summary section when you edit - on the right with the 'tags' etc. If you entered the summary in the old version then these have disappeared and you have to re-enter again! (It's a pain - I still have about 200 to go) - but as far as I can tell, this summary is reported exactly on Google with no annoying 'ads' - it seems to be the same (or similar) to the SEO description you can add on WP.

1. sofs profile image82

Simey.. I was so lazy that I did not have any summaries earlier in the older version... I was asking about the new version. I still have some 75+  summaries to go LOL
              It is only in the recent days that I have noticed that Google picks up random sentences for a keyword and throws it up on a search... I remember there was a thread a few days ago on that..

Me too LOL!

I've had no problem updating the Summary - in fact just updated 10 a few seconds ago! I noticed on one of my 'niche' hubs that the description was 'terrible' - then when I updated the Summary, and waited a few days (I may have had to clear the cache?) - the new and improved description was showing...

I think the problem may be that Google will often show a cached version of the description so a refresh may help....not sure of course with the way Google seems to change daily (hourly!).

BTW what I do is force myself to update 30 hubs a day - it also gives me a chance to delete the horrible Amazon Ads I had been placing at the bottom of each Hub....

1. sofs profile image82

That could be a plausible explanation..  G is fickle to say the least.
                  Simey,  truly I need to  follow your example.. and catch up on my summary writing .. Thank you  smile

2. Lisa HW profile image77
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

It also shows up in Hubbers' feeds when they first sign in

3. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 6 years ago

I've only been on HP a short time, and have not updated any summaries.  Do you think I should.  Thanks.

working