jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Why hubpages ask for revision of old hubs?

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image71
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 5 years ago

I have some well established hubs in the hubpages which are put in "Needs revision" group. Hubpages authorities are asking for revision and I have found no valid reason for the same. These are old hubs and attracting good number of readers. Moreover, these hubs have good hubscore too.

Reasons stated in the moderator set alert are vague. Why is this happening? How can I contact moderator?

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Revision could mean, add more content, check grammar or facts. If you can't think of anything to correct on these hubs, email HP staff and let them have a person read the hubs and tell you exactly what's wrong.

JYOTI KOTHARIposted 5 years ago in reply to this

To whom should I mail?

2. thooghun profile image84
    thooghunposted 5 years ago

They've (Hubpages) cracked down very noticeably on grammar. I recall reading one of your articles where you state that English is not your mothertongue (your English is very good, don't get me wrong). Nevertheless, I'm willing to bet that the grammar may be off here and there.

Could be wrong...

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Rules changed.

JYOTI KOTHARIposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Which rules changed?

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The rules on quality content.
        The rules on Amazon and Ebay.
        The rules on Affiliate links.

2. Sally's Trove profile image84
        Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You've written some Hubs that I've enjoyed and found very useful and informative. Now you have to go back through all the info that's been spinning around here for about 9 months to see where your Hubs might be out of line with current HP policy. Uninvited Writer gave you good places to start.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

It would be a good idea for you to read through the help files again. This specifically: http://hubpages.com/faq/#content-warning

And, as it has been for the past 3 years, email team@hubpages.com

5. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image71
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 5 years ago

I have been penalized for my original work temporarily. Someone copied one of my hub about promote business and boost sales and posted elsewhere.
    Hubpages team banned that hub as duplicate.

However, I contacted hubpage team and provided proof. It was cleared and certified as original.

Publishing date of my hub was earlier to the copied content. I request hubpage team to examine thoroughly before banning an article, especially for established writers.

Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

working