jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Finally reached 500 followers

1. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

I finally reached 500 followers. I am happy that I finally got there. It took me almost 6 months to go from 400 followers to 500 followers.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

Congratulations, Sid!  A great accomplishment which you well deserve.  Glad I am included in your entourage.  smile

1. Rob Winters profile image77
      Rob Wintersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow well done sid - that's a great achievement (especially since you don't have an avatar of a pretty girl lol - which seems to really boost the rate of followers - maybe a pretty bird does the trick too  :-) - not saying those guys don't also get followers for other reasons btw). I'm not even up to 50 yet so 500 seems like a pipe dream at this point.

Did you notice/Do you think the rate at which you accrued followers increased  as your overall number of followers increased or just as a reflection of your volume of work and/or activity on hubpages?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  Randy does fine with venomous snake avatars!

Gosh, if I thought folks would fall for a beautiful woman named "Wesman" I might give the purty gurl avatar a try!

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
          Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I always do things the hard way, Wesman.  I figured it would be a challenge getting followers using an avatar of a creature many folks dislike.  Whether this is true or not remains to be seen.  smile

3. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

Thanks Randy, for being part my follower list. I appreciate it.

4. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

That's great and hope that continues..wink

5. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Congrats! smile

6. Richieb799 profile image59
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Well done, its a nice feeling!

7. Rob Winters profile image77
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

Hmmm Looks like pretty girls, pretty birds, snakes and dudes with guitars are all very popular these days.Weswoman could be your alter ego on another a/c and you could see how it goes.

8. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

I could use 2, and only 2, more followers to get me to 333.

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure you shouldn't double that number? smile

9. Rob Winters profile image77

Hey Paradigm - 3 new followers will see me at 33 so i need 33.33% more new followers than you to reach my lofty goal lol

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Looks like you got some worthy hubs there...

10. Rob Winters profile image77

Thanks Dude - Just need to up the volume significantly.You've got plenty of interesting stuff yourself - just been reading the one on 'the whooping cough' which i incidentally had as a child - very informative.

working