jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (17 posts)

Hyperlinks in Bio

1. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

I'm a relatively new member here, but am having a great time on the site so far. I would like to link to the hubpages I've created in my profile bio. I'm having a real problem doing this.

I've seen comments stating that links can be added by selecting text, then clicking the linked chain. The problem is that there is no linked chain icon to begin with (see image: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/411/snabp1.jpg/). Is it perhaps the case that you have to be a member for a certain length of time (say a month or so?) before you can add links to your hubpages in your bio area?

1. sofs profile image84
      sofsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Go to 'my account' , click on profile add you text and highlight it the chain sign for hyperlinking shows up click on it and enter your URL . o... hope that helps

1. profile image0
        icountthetimesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

When I highlight text there no chain sign shows up. It does show up when I'm editing my actual hubs, but not in my bio area.

1. sofs profile image84

Are you talking about editing your bio or hub capsules... either way this is the way to do it.
          MY account- profile- edit profile- bio - highlight text - click on chain - enter URL .. no mystery to it...

2. profile image0

Checking out 'new hubbers', I can see any members signed up for less than a month with any links in their bio. It makes me think that it's not possible to add them, maybe brought in an an anti spam measure? I'd have thought that they'd possibly do that for external links, but not links to internal hubs too. I genuinely can't add a link there. Unless i'[m missing something?

1. profile image0

I'm talking about editing my bio. I only mentioned the hub comparison to let you know that I do know what you're talking about when you state to hover over text to add links smile. I can do with with hubs, but not in my bio area. No chain appears.

1. sofs profile image84

I added  a couple of links on the first day I joined this place... if there was a restriction of this kind it would be clearly mentioned in the FAQ section...anyways I have shared with you what I know.. leave the rest to you.. have a great day!

1. profile image0

Yes, but you have been a member for quite some time. It may be that hubpages have brought this in recently as a new measure. I've added a new image, with text highlighted, as you can see there is no link option appearing:
                http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/sfffnap1.jpg/
                Can you think of anything I might be doing wrong here based on what you can see in the image?

1. KSchaefer profile image59
                  KSchaeferposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I was just able to add a link in my bio, and I've been a Hubber for about a day now. The chain link button was grayed out until I highlighted the text that I wanted to turn into a link. Once I highlighted the text, the link button became active.

1. profile image0

Thanks for reply smile. As you can see from the images I've posted there is no link chain image on the bio area for me. Can you look at both images and see if there's anything I'm doing wrong?

2. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

For anyone interested here in the answer:

- In order to include links in your profile, you need to be a member for at least 1 week and have at least 2 published Hubs. You can bypass this restriction by associating a Google AdSense account, or by verifying your HubPages account by phone.

1. profile image0

that should read "here is the answer".

2. KSchaefer profile image59
      KSchaeferposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That would explain why I can include links then....I've associated my AdSense account.

1. profile image0

Yes, I hadn't got around to it yet. Mystery solved smile.

working