jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Understanding Page Impressions and the HubPages Earnings Program

1. Donna Huebsch profile image90
    Donna Huebschposted 5 years ago

As a new Hubber, I am trying my best to understand how the HubPages Earnings Ad Program works...for example, I have been making a few cents a day on my 6 hubs.  Then yesterday I published a new hub, and this morning saw that my earnings had jumped to 34 cents on 24 page impressions.  I don't think I had that many views, because most of the views until yesterday had been mine from when I was editing the hub.  I didn't see a whole lot of new views on ANY of my hubs yesterday.  So, I guess my main questions are:
         Where did the page impressions come from if my new views were much smaller?
         Was I getting paid for the views I generated while editing the hub and am I not supposed to be viewing my own hub (although I can't figure out a way to get around that)?

Sorry if this is confusing - there just doesn't seem to be a correlation between views and impressions.  Any insights would be appreciated.  Also, I want to make sure I'm not breaking any rules by viewing my own hubs.  Thanks!

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

As with AdSense, earnings can sometimes take days to trickle in. In other words. you're seeing earnings from an earlier time as well as some from the present.

Just my best guess.

1. Donna Huebsch profile image90
      Donna Huebschposted 5 years ago in reply to this

OK, that explains it - thanks!

3. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

And viewing your own hubs is not a problem.

working