URL

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Samoa6 profile image74
    Samoa6posted 12 years ago

I am new to hubpages and have recently posted a hub for which I would like to change the URL.  I have read elsewhere that this is not possible, so I was wondering if I might be able to delete the current hub and simply start it again as a new one with the proper URL.  If so, would this diminish my chances of getting an AdSense account approved?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're right - you cannot change the URL.

If you have already applied to adsense, you might want to wait until you get an answer before deleting hubs.  If not, unpublish the hub, make a new one but do not publish it.  Wait around a week, until a search for the old URL does not show up, and publish the new one.

1. Samoa6 profile image74
        Samoa6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Many thanks - I already applied to adsense but they disapproved my account claiming 'insufficient content.'  Fair play to them - I had only just published my first hub!  In any case, I will not reapply until I have several more, so it seems I should take your advice and just wait to republish in about a week.  Not sure I understand why it takes a week for the old URL to quit appearing though - do you mean I should no longer find it if I search within hubpages?  Or externally?

1. sofs profile image75
          sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, he means it is cached by Google and it will turn up a copy even when you do a search  after you unpublish  your hub. Waiting for a while would help.
          Having about ten hubs under your profile would speed up the process of Adsense approval.
          To share something with you, one of my early hubs which gets me my highest traffic has a URL that is totally different from the title.. it has been tweaked much later as I did not know much about keywords when I started out here.....so I wouldn't worry so much if I were you... I have tweaked many of my other hubs this way without having to unpublish them.
          I would only unpublish if I had a misleading title..not otherwise. Cheers smile

2. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Sofs is correct.

While by rights have keyword in url, title and description should be the most important things (according to any SEO handbook), here on HP it actually isn't.

Title all the way.

I am useless at titles, think up a good catchy title, that includes your keywords, and you are almost guaranteed success, unless your hub is crap.

Oh, and the quickest way to get an adsense account, is to open a blogger blog, and put up a few posts.
    Then you will almost automatically be granted an Adsense account!

3. Samoa6 profile image74
    Samoa6posted 12 years ago

sofs and IzzyM - Thank you so much for your explanations and advice.  It is nice to be able to access good info so easily here.  Cheers!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)