jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Advice needed and wanted

1. grandmaswingler profile image62
    grandmaswinglerposted 5 years ago

I would appreciate some honest feedback from other Hubbers. I am not sure why my Hubs don't generate more traffic. Please help if you can
    How Can Parents Create a Learning Environment For Their Children http://grandmaswingler.hubpages.com/hub … A-Computer

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My first impression is that its titled wrongly, in that maybe people aren't actively searching for "How Can Parents Create a Learning Environment For Their Children" and are more likely to search for something along the lines of "Free Games to Play with Children" or "Imaginative Games for Children" or something. Sorry I haven't given it a lot of thought and maybe someone else will come along with the perfect title.

The other things are your tags. I'm not an expert on tags by any means, but I would suggest taking off one saying 'how to' as it is too general as is 'family', 'children', 'indoors outdoors', in fact all your tags except maybe 'learning environment', and possibly 'child play group'.

Instead put in tags that directly relate - 'learning play', 'indoors play', 'outdoors play' 'imaginative play' 'child imaginative play' 'how to play I spy' - that sort of thing.

Hope that helps smile

1. grandmaswingler profile image62
        grandmaswinglerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much. I will make the changes you suggest.

2. Sally's Trove profile image85
    Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago

I'm addressing your overall appearance on HP, not the Hub you inquired about.

If you write an engaging profile (I have a feeling you have a lot to offer), add an image that speaks for you (it doesn't have to be a pic of you; after all, I'm a trunk in the attic!), reply to comments as they are made, and read other's hubs and comment on them, then you will get some traffic, at least from HP. Use your profile to show your authority about the things you write and give folks a reason to listen to you. That's a start.

I'll leave it to other talented Hubbers like IzzyM to offer concrete advice on this particular Hub.

Go for it!

working