jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Need help to Understand where I went wrong

1. ladyauthor47 profile image75
    ladyauthor47posted 6 years ago

I got the following message on one of my hubpages:

Substandard

Watermarked or Pixelated Photos or Videos

I posted a coloring/comic book I created to help special needs children to learn about Electrical Outlet Safety. I tried to post the words but I could not figure out how to post the pictures to go along with the words, so I formatted the words and pictures as a .jpg picture per page. Is this not allowed?
    Here is the site if you need more clarity to what I am talking about.
    http://ladyauthor47.hubpages.com/hub/Do … al-Outlets

Thank you for answering.

1. Don Crowson profile image75
      Don Crowsonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You ashould send an email to Team@hubpages.com. They will know what to do.

ladyauthor47posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the e-mail address to the team. I will contact them as soon as I am able.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If your pictures are pixilated go into your Pictures>preview>open>paint>image>resize

size it down to 50% and see if it's small enough to get rid of the pixilation.

Thank you for replying to my question. I will look into reducing my pictures so they are less grainy.

3. sofs profile image83
      sofsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You need to break up your text into many text capsules, especially where you need pictures.
      Upload the pictures  in the picture capsule and use the right arrow to align it besides the text. Push it up or down using the arrows until it is aligned next to the correct text.
      In the pull down menu choose half size so it can be aligned next to the text and the picture doesn't look pixelated.
      Your original work may show up as substandard as the text in pictures is not counted as word and you need to have a minimum of 300 words (not sure if it is 400)
      Try this and then preview it , if all is well press the republish button..Hope this helps.

Thank you for your instructions. I am working on breaking the words away from the pictures. However, I'm having a hard time getting 300-400 words for the coloring/comic book. I am adding trading cards but I don't know if that is acceptable or not, so I will ask the team for clarity before I submit for republishing.

2. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

Just use the 'photo' and 'text' capsules. It's never a great idea to create a jpg out of your text because search engines can't read it, and you'll lose out on potential traffic.

Thank you for your advise. I am working on taking my text out of the pictures. This is a very time consuming process but I am determined to make it work.

working